Chapter 87

Liam curled closer to Katia and tried to ignore the buzzing of his phone. They'd had a late night and had only been to bed for a few hours.

"Pookie, turn off your phone," Katia said pulling the covers over her head. "Tell my sister you're busy," she growled.  Kaia seemed to be calling a lot lately.

Liam turned on the bedside lamp and picked up his phone.  "Oh my God," he said out loud as he read the text.

Katia peeked out. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"It's Louis," he said showing her the text. "He's...he's coming home and wants me to pick him up from the airport tomorrow."

She sat up, stunned. "Are you going to tell Marian?" She asked.

He shook his head. "No," he said. "I...I'm stunned he's coming home. I don't think she needs the added stress right now."

He texted Louis back that he would be there and then put his phone back down and turned out the light and pulled her into his arms.  "Don't say anything to her," he said. "Not yet."

"I won't," she said and let his arms envelop her. She was a little scared of what this would do to Marian.

Louis had taken Jeremy's words to heart. They had been talking on and off for a few months and it was time to come home.  Time to see his family and time to make amends.  He was finally at peace with what had happened with William and his role in his passing. Liam was the only he could trust not spill the beans to Marian, his beautiful Snowflake.  He waited for Liam in the lounge of the hotel connected to the airport and he hoped that he would come alone. They had a lot to discuss.

Liam kissed Katia and made her promise again she wasn't going to call Marian or her sister for that matter. He zipped up his leather jacket and put on his gloves. It was unbearably cold even for London. He got into his car and headed to the airport. When he got there he parked in the underground and headed to where he figured Louis would be.  He walked through the door and saw his friend sitting there. He looked healthy which made Liam breathe a sigh of relief.  "Lou," he said as he approached him. Part of him wasn't even sure if he was really there, it had been so long.

"Liam, mate, thank you for coming," Louis said hugging his old friend.  "You look good."

Liam hugged him tightly. He was becoming very emotional at seeing him. He pulled back and smiled. "Thanks," He said. "You look good as well. I'm ...um...welcome home."

"Sorry, it took so long," he said. "I had a lot to figure out and to see if I could make sense of the my crazy world, but I'm ready to face it al.l"

Liam shook his head. "You don't have to apologize to me," he said. "You had a lot of things to deal with," he said. I'm just glad you're okay. I didn't know if I was ever going to see my best friend again."

"You will never lose me buddy, I'm back for good," Louis said.  "Is she okay?" He couldn't help but ask.  Even though Jeremey had shown him pictures of Marian at her wedding to Harry.