A

"Woah woah woah wait!" I waved my hands furiously in the air."This place, is for people with magic powers?" My eyes widened in shock.

All four of them looked with evident confusion.

Steven looked at me then said, "So you just disregarded the fact that Jasper and Garnet had a huge fight and Jasper's allies started helping her so we also came to rescue and we caused a costly damage?" He finished.

"Wait does that mean..." Pearl started, "you don't have powers?"

Everyone looked at me, I felt so vulnerable.

"Hey," Garnet spoke. "She wouldn't be accepted here if she didn't have any."

They all nodded.

"But that meant," Garnet leaned in. "You still don't know what's your power."

"Ooh! What if you're like me!" Amethyst stood up, she took a deep breath then rubbed her hands together. Swiftly, she stretched her arms out then with a flash of light, purple vines with spikes morphed on her hands.

"Pretty cool eh?" She grinned, smashing the vines on the ground as it disappeared. Sitting down once again.

"Or me!" Steven excitedly stood up, then took a step back. He opened his arms as a flash of light emitted in between them. A shield appeared.
"I'm a protector!" He smiled.

"Or," Pearl changed her position into kneeling, "me." She placed her right hand on her forehead. And with a quick motion something appeared in front of her. It was a spear, a good looking one.

"Wow Pearl, you did that so smoothly." Steven awed.

"Yeah! Birb mom for the win!" Amethyst chuckled.

Pearl gave them both a smile.

"Or just maybe, me." We all looked at Garnet who was just sitting. Still sipping on her iced coffee.

"Uhh.." Steven tilted his head. "Your power? We gotta showcase?"

"Oh." Garnet said, putting down her coffee. With a flick of her hand, gauntlets appeared quickly.

"Woah that was too smooth!" Steven had his mouth wide open while looking at Garnet. She flicked it again then it was gone.

"With great practice and power, you can almost do anything with ease." Pearl explained.

"Man, I wish I was that smooth." Steven said.

"Can I excuse Peridot for a moment?" Garnet spoke, looking at me.

I gulped. I didn't notice she had been staring.

The three looked at us; concerned about what Garnet might do to me.

She stood up and motioned me to follow her. I followed her quickly.

We got out of the dorm, Garnet then walked towards the ladder that led up to the roof. She climbed up.

"Come." She bellowed from above.

I climbed. Once I reached the top, I saw Garnet sitting beside a cooler. I sat beside her.

"Peridot."
"Y-yes?" I murmured.
"I have a feeling you're different."

My palms started to sweat.