N

(3rd Person P.O.V)

Pearl, Amethyst, Garnet and Steven patiently waited for Lapis to come back. They all stood at the garden. Casually rubbing their arms to keep themselves warm. A rush of air made them shiver from the cold. The trees that had lost it's leaves swayed along.

"Where the hell is Lapis?" Amethyst trembled from the dropping temperature.

"Do you think she found Peridot?" Steven asked, placing his hands in between his legs.

"If she has, wouldn't she be here by then?" Pearl reasoned.

"What if she went missing?" Amethyst said, getting a worried expression from all of them. Garnet sighed and crossed her arms.

The october wind continued to blow harshly. Crumbled dead leaves swooping up from the ground and swirled towards the four cold and worried friends.

"Jesus Christ this frosty air is unbearable." The white haired girl whined. All four nodded in agreement as they shook from the cold gusts of wind.

Pearl held her hair that flapped on her face as the wind messed with it.

"Hey."

All four then looked at the familiar voice. It was Lapis, blood dripping down from her hand. Their eyes were fixated at the blood that oozed and twirled on Lapis' fingers. She noticed what caught their attention but ignored it anyway.

"Peridot is found. She's at the infirmary." Lapis spoke. The bluenette wasn't wearing her coat anymore. Her bare skin was in contact with the freezing air.

They all sighed in relief. Though questions quickly filled their mouths. "What happened to her?"
"Is she okay?"
"How did she went missing?"
"Where did you find her?"

"What about your hand?" Steven asked as he pointed at the drying red liquid on her fingers.

The three looked at him in a 'seriously?' look as he shrugged.

"It's just a tiny cut. Besides, Peridot is what you should be concerned off." Lapis replied. Her hand gesturing them to follow her.