Chapter Nine

{Edited}

The tension in the air was thick and extremely uncomfortable as the two shinobi sat on the floor wit only a small table separating the pair. One was oddly calm and seemed like he would rather be cloud watching right now and the other was one small, but ferocious girl sat. She was shifting on her knees as she stared down the boy before her.

To the other people watching the pair, everything seemed way too silent. Some of the watchers looked One person had no idea why he had to be there but one blonde haired boy told him that it was important to support their teammate.

"So, it's come down to this?" Miwa muttered dramatically as she looked up with her hair shadowing her face, Shikamaru looks up at her and nods his head with a tired sigh.

"Yes I'm afraid it has" He replied in a sleepy tone, he really wanted to nap and cloud watch right now, but Miwa had to challenge him.

"I am going to beat you, you know this right?" Miwa cockily resorts as she looked up at him, her hair no longer shadowing her face, instead her eyebrow was raised as a cocky smirk dance across her face.

"Yeah right, you can't beat me"

"Wanna bet?" Miwa smiles cheerily at the lazy boy who muttered about it all being troublesome.

"Miwa, Shikamaru you're not seriously doing this?" Sakura asked as she folded her arms, she was a little irked as she wanted to spend her day with Sasuke.

"Yeah she's right this is stupid" Ino scowled as she looked at Miwa, but Miwa stuck her tongue out at her.

"Shut it Ingo"

"Shut it Ingo"

"Mía! It's INO"

"Ingo! It's MIWA" She teasingly says before she sounds offended that Ino couldn't remember her name.

"I think Shikamaru is gonna win, I'll bet on it" Naruto yelled loudly, Miwa's head snapped over to him as she growled at him and muttered a thanks. Sasuke looked at the idiot blonde beside him before looking away.

So much for supporting your teammate.

"Yeah! My bets on Nara" Miwa grew an irked mark on her forehead as she looked at everyone else as everyone else continued to place their bets on who they thought would win. Shikamaru.

Thank you Kiba! And everyone else! You all can suck it when I win.

I vote for the shadow brat.

NOBODY ASKED YOU.

"You're all a bunch of idiots" Neji muttered, rubbing his forehead "But if we're betting on the best, I call Miwa" Miwa began beaming like a madman and then she attacked Neji.

"Nawww Neji!" Miwa squealed as she threw herself at the semi-emotionless boy by the paper door next to his cousin. Miwa flung her arms around his neck causing him to tense up and nearly fall over "I knew you had faith in me!" Neji let out an irritated sigh before Miwa was brutally moved away by him.