Chapter Thirty-Six

{UnEdited}

"Neji...?"

"It's fine Shikamaru, he's been like this all day"

"But why is he -"

"Do I really need to say it? You should know the answer by now, Yamanaka"

"Hiashi what my son and Inoichi mean to say is, why is he acting like a territorial predator"

It's the middle of the afternoon and everyone was gathered in the Hyuga dining room. It was around an hour since Neji and Miwa had woken up. They were supposed to be enjoying their lunch before gently questioning Miwa about the recent events. 'Supposed' being the keyword, however someone had made the room rather awkward.

Hinata was finding her cousins behaviour very entertaining, one minute he's a emotionless little pea and the other he's a teddy bear breathing in everything Miwa says or does.

They all had seen the way Neji usually could be like when he is around Miwa. However today topped them all, they all found it strange yet amusing. Not that any of them would say out loud anyways.

"Does he normally do that?" Inoichi says pointing towards Neji, Hiashi looks at his nephew shaking his head.

"Poor boy, these recent events has really hit him hard" Hiashi says shaking his head once again, Hinata suppressed a laugh.

"So this isn't normal?" Shikaku asks as he takes a puff from his cigarette, Shikamaru yawns lazily.

"Hard to say really, he kind of loses his sanity when it comes down to Miwa" Shikamaru says as he puts noodles in his mouth, slurping them up.

They all look over at Neji once again, Miwa was sitting over there too. She was calming eating her lunch with her chopsticks. This seemed normal enough right? So what are they worried about?

Neji was sitting next to her, his arms wrapped tightly around her as well as his legs –making him look like a baby koala. When Miwa noticed the stares and smiled at them and gave them a gave.

Neji gave them a glare but looked away quickly when he got Miwa's attention again. He smiled happily at her, hugging her tighter with his head in her neck. She goes back to eating her lunch, Neji starts muttering thinks quietly to her making her giggle.

"Recently...I wonder if he's really my brothers son...he just so..." Hiashi starts nit really sure how to explain what he's seeing.

"So clingy? Crazy? Love struck?" Inoichi suggests, Hiashi ponders for a moment.

"In a way I suppose all three" The others nod and hum in agreement, Miwa looks up realising that they had been talking.

"What do you guys just agree to?" Miwa asks with her mouth full, her chopsticks pointing at them accusingly. Hiashi smiles at the girl and moves to sit down at the table, opposite to her.

"Nothing you need to worry about" He replies as he discreetly gestures the other to sit down too.

Miwa suddenly let out a gasp as if remembering something "Oh right!" She says snapping her fingers.

She looks over at Hiashi again "I need you to cover for me today and night" She informs him, Hiashi gives her a surprised look. She was looking very serious, mature and so not the usual Miwa.

Hiashi wondered if her and Neji swapped roles for the day.

"In what way?" He asks now looking slightly suspicious, Miwa gulps and quickly glances to Neji to see if he was paying attention. He wasn't, Neji was off in Neji Land, smiling like the secret goofy idiot he was.