Chapter Fifty-One

{Edited}

"Neji-chan?"

"Hmm?"

"It's not that I don't love this or anything but...could you put me down?" Neji shakes his head wordlessly and clutches her close to him, Miwa lets out a sigh.

"Please? I can walk you know" Miwa pleads once again, Neji shook his head again.

"No"

With that Miwa gave up, Neji had been carrying her princess style for who knows who long. Miwa only knew that she fell asleep on Neji's shoulder and when she woke Neji was walking through the destroyed streets.

By the looks of things, Neji wasn't going to let her go anytime soon, not that Miwa minded, It means even more Neji time for her. She hummed to herself as she wrapped her arms around Neji's neck and rested her head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh of contentment. Neji took a peep down at Miwa and smiled, how he had missed this.

He held her a little tighter, he was walking in the direction of the medical bay that was temporary set up. Neji had held back slightly and allowed other people to head off. Neji had been enjoying Miwa sleeping on his shoulder for a while but he needed to get her checked over, that and Hiashi wouldn't let him hear the end of it if he didn't take Miwa to get checked up.

He and Miwa were the only ones in the group left walking towards the medical bay, the others had walked with them but headed off in different directions to check up on other people. Hinata, Kiba and Akamaru, and Shino had gone off in search of their families and their sensei. Ino went off in a hurry to find Sakura or her father, whilst Choji stuck to his father to make sure he was okay.

Ayumi had wandered off earlier while Miwa, Neji and Hinata were having their cuddle, Shikamaru had quickly gone off to find her when he realised she was gone. Neji thought that if Miwa was awake she'd be screeching about having a new couple to ship and put together since she was in the middle of doing that with Hinata and Naruto.

"Nee, Neji-chan...I think I wanna visit Naruto at some point" Neji slowed down his pace and looked down at her with a frown.

"I thought you hated him for what happened with Chiyo" Miwa smiles up at him, her eyes held no pain, the light in her eyes had returned.

"I saw her" Miwa hummed smiling as she looked up at Neji "When I died" Neji stopped moving altogether, her words reminded him that he could have lost her.

"Well to begin with I was alone until I came across a pretty place and I saw these two people I couldn't recognise, the sad part of that was that it was my parents" Miwa's tone sounded a little sad, Neji knew why.

"Although it got better after I punched my father a couple of times" Neji laughed at the image of Miwa punching her father over and over "That's when Granny Chiyo showed up and tackled him away from me" Miwa's face seemed to glow a light colour as a small smile glistened on her face.

"I suppose it was easier when I lost my memories, it took the pain of losing her away for a while" Neji stood there listening to Miwa's every word, he was frozen and didn't know what to say or do, so he just listened.

"Now that I have my memories back, that pain is still there but it's not as bad as it was before" Miwa smiled brightly and looked up at Neji, right in his eyes "I got to see her one last time, and this time I got to say goodbye....and everything else will be okay, I'm sure of it!"

Neji smiled at Miwa and leaned down to give her a quick kiss before chuckling "I love you" Miwa stared at him wide-eyed, her mouth hung open and her face was slowly turning bright red.