Chapter Thirty-Seven

{UnEdited}

Miwa sighs softly as she packs her pouches for the mission, double checking she had everything: Kunai, Shuriken and her poison. She also packed a small first aid kit, there was not way she was trusting Sakura. Non, Nada, Never.

She was ready to set out and meet Neji in the corridor when she spotted her unfinished letter, she smiled softly as she remembers that grubby cell. In the short time she's been here – in the village –she's managed to turn most of the village against her, not that she cares anyway. Only one thing matters most to Miwa.

Walking back into the room, she strides over to the desk and picks up the 5 paged unfinished letter. She reads through what has been written so far before folding it up neatly and shoving it into her Chunin vest. She grabs one of her pens from the cup on the desk and hides it in her food ration pouch. She glances back down at the desk and smiles at the photo frame sitting there, brightening her room.

There was a picture of Neji lying in the shade during a hot Wednesday a few months back, it was taken not so long after the Chunin exams. Her Neji looked so peaceful in that picture, it was the only day he's had really relaxed. He was constantly worrying about her so it was beautiful to see him that way.

Miwa closes her eyes, her smile still displayed on her features as she remembers that happy day. She takes a deep breath and looks around the room for anything else she might need.

Satisfied with everything she packed, Miwa walks out the room she was given by Hiashi and spots Neji outside his room two doors down. Smiling softly she glides her way over to him and hugs his waist, Neji realising it was her wrapped his arms around her.

It was a while before he let her go, keeping one arm wrapped around her waist, as they walked out the building. They met Hinata in the courtyard alongside Hiashi and Hanabi. A brief farewell was given to the three by Hanabi and Hiashi, wishing them a safe return.

Finally they left the Hyuga compound, laughing and joking with one another as they headed towards the village gates to meet up with the rest of the group. Miwa wondered why the Hokage was sending such a large group to rescue three worthless Chunin. Also the fact that Miwa was allowed to leave the village to rescue her enemies, she was suspicious to say the least.

Something was brewing inside that old woman's head, Miwa didn't like it. Something was smelling off about this, made Miwa's nose twitch.

Kakashi, once he saw that everyone was there, began to explain what the mission was again. He also mentioned that they would be stopping off at Suna, as the Hokage received a messenger that something was wrong. The Hokage however failed to mention what and why they needed to check up on the Sand Village.

Miwa wasn't complaining she was going to get to see the cute panda of a Kazekage, although when she thought about Gaara something felt off, and she was worried about it. She was glad that they get to check up on Gaara and the Village before they set off to rescue the three stooges.

Once everyone was ready they set off into the trees, beginning the three day trip to the Suna. They would be travelling as much ground as they could, before they decide to set up for camp.

Miwa was just enjoying her freedom out of the village, the fresh air hitting her face. The air smelt a lot better than it was back in Konoha.

Neji glanced down at her from his right side and smiled. She reminded him of a caged bird, sampling freedom for the first time. She resembled a small sparrow soaring through the tree as she ran.