Chapter Fifty-Four

{Edited}

Miwa smiled as she whistled a birdie tune she'd heard from the morning song that the birds graced her with every day at her window. She was walking around the forest outside of the village gates whilst her friends from the Hyuga were moving her back into the compound. After the attack on the village, Miwa hadn't had much leftover in the rubble where her apartment once was but she still had a lot.

Neji wanted to decorate Miwa's room and get everything ready for her, so that's why Miwa was keeping herself busy deep within the green-lit forests as the sunbeams overhead.

It was nice to have this time away from people, Miwa loved it, feeling the mid-day breeze on her face as she was left to her thoughts. She could be left to think about things that were put off for a while or things about her happier life.

Either way, she had some space to herself to think without having to worry about anyone else. Miwa liked it when she wasn't worried about her loved ones, makes her feel gooey inside.

Even her first friend Thana still makes it into her thoughts, which leads to Miwa praying for her to rest in peace. She'd also pray for the people that died when she was with Orochimaru, praying for those she had killed there too.

She thought about her mother or tried to, but she was beginning to finally forget what she looked like, what she sounded like and what she was like. It made her a little sad but then she'd think about Hiashi, and how he was like a mother to her. Not that she'd ever tell him that, he'd 64 palm her ass to Kumo and back.

Miwa smiled softly as she reached a small clearing with a little pond, she chose to sit down by it and relax as her thoughts began to overtake her mind.

She was incredibly lucky, at least that's how she felt. Not everyone had a second chance to have a family, one day she will have her own when she had children one day so in a way, she'll get the third one too.

Miwa also had the love of her life: her missing jigsaw piece, her other half, her soulmate. Neji....she'd found him all on her own, and he stayed.

She really was lucky.

She finally got to tell him that she loved him, only it had taken her while to do so. After being kidnapped, then having her memories forgotten, then getting them back only to die and come back to live again. Yeah, sounds like the typical romance story.

Miwa smiled down at her reflection in the pond, she was at a place where she belonged. The Hokage herself didn't hate her all that much anymore, in recent weeks it looks more like a rivalry banter between the two. Miwa laughed at the thought of Tsunade and herself being rivals, maybe not rivals more like frenemies.

So much had happened since she was 13 years old when she returned back to Konohagakure nearly 6 years ago. Miwa could remember hating everyone when she arrived, she had come a long way from then and in all honesty, she was proud of herself. She went from an orphaned child who lived in a tiny shed in a village up in the mountains with no family and nothing to her name, now she has a new family with a warm place to say with her own room. She now held a lot of things to her name, some bad but some good - a good balance.

In this new family, she had a sister, a father-mother-uncle figure, a whole clan that loved her, a new rival that is trying to take away one of her precious sons, friendships and love. This family was dysfunctional but it looked out for one another, Miwa couldn't have asked for more than that. She had searched for a long time to find what she was missing in her heart, she knew that her brothers did fill a small part of that but there was something else. Her new family filled a little more, as did Neji but there was still something in the back of her mind.