Prologue

Started: December 5th,  2017.
Ended: September 14th, 2019.
Editing: August, 2019
Edited: ————

This is the new Prologue, I scrapped the one from two years ago and since I'm rewritting, heres a slightly better one. Also there are cringy scene that I do apologise I was a young, cringey kinda gal

______________________________________

TIRED EYES OPENED WIDE, startled at the sudden plangent sounds that echoed in the hallways outside her cell. A small body, a child who was barely into her double digits, cowered in the corner of her cell. Her breathing constricted as her heart beat thundered in her ears. Loud rushing footprints echoed into her cell, the sound of metal slicing into flesh and the cry of pain before silence. The young girl felt tears well up in her eyes and then cascading down her face, her eyes fell to the bodies of her cellmates. Dead, bloodied and cold. One of the workers came into the cell a few days ago and killed all of her cellmates. She didn't escape the attack unscathed. Her wounds still shed blood, one of them might be infected but it wouldn't matter soon. She thinks the sounds down the hall that are approaching will be the worker coming back to finish her off.

The young girl sits curled up trembling, close to having a panic attack until the footsteps stop by the door that leads into the hallway. There was no more metal slicing sounds nor was their any cries of pain, just silence other than the low talking going on with what ever was behind the door leading into Cells 008-012. The little girl was in cell 009 and the only person alive. Her noises ceased as the terror rose up to her throat, the speech back and forth from outside stopped. The small child was beginning to feel lightheaded and her vision went fuzzy, the blood loss was finally catching up to her. The door handle rattled as it turned, allowing whoever was holding it to push the door open, a group of men walked into the room.

"What the fuck..." There was a couple of gasps and the sound of someone throwing up, with fluttery eyes the young girl looked up and looked at the group. They weren't wearing the clothes the workers normally wore, they wore armour and each stranger held a weapon of preference.

They aren't from here...

The group of men stared at the only survivor they had found in horror, to imagine a young child living in a cell with four rotting corpses and with the other cells full of corpses as well. The child in question also had wounds inflicted on her person. The leader of the group stood for a moment more before he stepped towards the girls cell and busted the lock on it before he opened it. The young girl watched as the man walked towards her, struggling to stay awake. She watched as he stepped over the pile of her cellmates and then knelt down in front of her, she saw him smile at her and held his hand out.

"It's okay now, you're safe" The Leader spoke to her with a calm, but warm voice. The young girl stared at his hand, she wasn't convinced, the man sighed "My name is Daichi, my men and I took care of those bad men, they can't hurt you anymore"

The girl looked at his face and then to his clothes, they were covered in blood splatters, she felt her heart sigh in relief. Daichi saw the girl visibly relax after her small inspection of him and he gave her a bigger smile and moved his hand closer. The girl just looked at him and smiled, Daichi felt relief, he thought she was going to take his hand. The smile fell off his face as he watched her close her eyes and fall.