Chapter Forty-Four

{UnEdited}

"Itachi"

Itachi looked up from his book he was reading the last chapter, so he held an irritated expression as he looked up at his partner.

"What?" Itachi growled, when he met his partner's eyes he notices that Kisame wasn't looking at him but at the photograph of his younger sister taped to his wall.

"No one told you did they?" Kisame says looking at the picture sadly, Itachi had taken it a few weeks ago when he did his checks on her.

"Told me what?" Itachi asked, closing his book and placing it onto the cabinet beside his bed. He moved him self to the edge and sat there looking up at the tall man.

"It's Orochimaru"

Itachi was growing irritated "What about him? I don't have time to waste my thoughts on that man" Itachi says as he picked up his glass of water sitting next to his book on the cabinet.

"He's kidnapped your kid sister!"

Itachi's heart dropped, the glass slipped from his fingers and smashed to pieces as it hit the ground water spilling everywhere. Slowly Itachi looks back up at Kisame with a worried expression on his face.

"What" Kisame shivered at the dark tone in his voice.

"W-well you s-see..."

Itachi stood up and peered at the man "I asked you to watch their team" He muttered, Kisame gulped then laughed awkwardly.

"Well I got hungry when they were passing through a village, so I stopped for some grub. The path to the bridge was straight so I didn't think they'd go far..."

"You lost them?"

"Yeah but when I caught up, Captain creepy eyes was retreating with Pinkie and Vampire boy. Also blondie was unconscious. But your kid sister wasn't there."

"..."

"So I went to the bridge but I was too late, Orochimaru was tying her up and she was unconscious."

"So you didn't think to fight him to save her?"

"See I was but when they saw me they ran and I couldn't — Hey! Itachi were are you going!" Kisame yells when he catches Itachi walking out the room.

"Fucking snake hunting!"

//———//———//———//———//

To say that Lady Tsunade was surprised when Shizune came rushing into her office to inform her that Team Kakashi were back and in the hospital.

She was even more surprised after she rushed over to the hospital to find Naruto looking slightly pale and sickly, Miwa had miscalculated the time limit of the jutsu it lasted 3 1/2 days, leaving Naruto malnourished. Yamato and Sakura both looked defeated and Sai looked like Sai.

Miwa Uchiha hadn't come home with the team. The was the biggest surprise of all, and if the Hyuga found out there would be riots in the streets. So Tsunade did everything in her power to stop people coming to see Team 7 by locking them up in a spare hospital office and telling everyone they needed medical attention. Tsunade knew that it would hold the Hyuga Clan back for a little while but they would grow suspicious.

She had enough time to think of a plan to convince the Hyuga that she couldn't afford sending shinobi out of the village to look for her, though she had a feeling that it would be futile when they find out why she wasn't back.

Sakura had fed her information about Miwa and what she did. Tsunade spent most of the day pacing in her office, she was confused Sakura had described Miwa turning into some sort of white haired, orang eyed monster with a mass amount of chakra. How could she have missed something like that?