Kenzie Tyrarnith - Daughter of Hephaestus

Kenzie’s mother was always tinkering with things, she loved to build and invent. This of course caught Hephaestus’s eyes. Even after Kenzie was born, her mother cared more about her projects than she did Kenzie. Kenzie didn’t do well in school really, but if it came to putting things together, or building things, she was adept. To get her mother’s attention, she was always trying to build things that would impress her mother.

Her best friend, and later boyfriend, Kyle Thompson, was with her one day when they were 12, when a hellhound attacks. This is how they ultimately find out they are both demigods, Kyle a child of Athena. A satyr offers to bring them to camp, but the parents won’t agree, and they decide they’ll be fine for now if they stick together, they end up dating, falling in love even.

They manage to fend off small monster attacks, but after a project gone wrong, and a very bad accident, Kenzie’s mother dies, and they decide to go to camp where they can be together, otherwise Kenzie would go to a foster home. On the way there, Pagos has had his eye on Kenzie for a while, admiring her building/inventing skills. He wants her truly loyal to him, so he manipulates things so that Kyle is killed by what appeared to be a satyr sent from camp. Pagos appears and “rescues” Kenzie, he offers her revenge if she joins with him, she agrees.