Marcella and Cora Nicolae - Daughters of Hermes

Age: 17 God Parent: Hermes

Mortal Family: Ava (Mother) Stefan (Stepfather), Lydia (Grandmother)

Interesting Traits/Skills

Marcella is a very adept dancer, when she dances she seems to put people in a trance

Cora is a master pickpocket; while her sister distracts people, she can quickly and effectively steal people's money

The sisters share an empathic link

History

Marcella and Cora were born seventeen years ago to Ava Shuvani and Hermes in Great Britain. Ava and Hermes relationship was a quick affair, Hermes fell in love with Ava during his travels when he stayed with a gypsy camp. But unfortunately Ava's family were old school gypsies, and she was arranged to marry another man, but that did not stop a determined god like Hermes, shortly after the wedding Hermes visited Ava again while her new husband Stefan was away in a nearby town. They shared a "magical moment", and then he disappeared with a promise of a return. However, his return never came. Ava then found out that she was pregnant, but her gut feeling told her that it was not Stefan's child, her suspicion was proven right when she received a visit from her mother Lydia, who happened to be a daughter of Hecate, gave her a fortune telling using the tarot cards.

Lydia decided to stay with Stefan's caravan until the child was born, and assist her daughter through the pregnancy. When the girls were born it was just Ava and Lydia, alone in the camp and for good reason too. During the birth, Ava had almost died, but it was Lydia's magic that helped keep mother and daughters alive. As she cleaned the girls off Lydia, noticed a strange ethereal light that seemed to glow from inside them, and when she looked up she saw Hermes smiling proudly down upon his newest daughters.

When Stefan returned, he gazed upon the girls with the same warmth Hermes showed and he knew he would try to make these girls as happy as they could be. That is when the heavy-duty work began Ava and Stefan used all of their cunning and smarts to raise these girls. Marcella began following some of the older women in the caravan who taught her how to do the classic dances of the gypsy line. Marcella loved the dancing so much that her energy and liveliness seemed to expand into others. The more she danced the more people just watched and could not turn away. Marcella was easily able to use this to get a lot of money… but the use for the money would become apparent. Cora's path to riches was not as clean. She had decided to follow her uncles, and learned the useful skills of pickpocketing and lock picking. She quickly and efficiently stole off tourists that visited the camp. She knew even though her methods were not the best they were for a good cause.

Now to the reason for the money collection, since they were young Marcella and Cora knew that according to tradition, they would be married away to arranged husbands, but the girls enjoyed life and the freedom it brings. However, they knew that there was a chance that their husbands would be good like Stefan.

Lydia had decided when the girls were born, that she would only tell them of their real father, if it became necessary. As they travelled around a lot, and used very little technology, such as cell phones, the girls made it to 14 before any monster attacks. One day, while the girls were on their own getting some supplies in a nearby town, a hell hound attack. Fortunately, a satyr had been keeping watch on them and was nearby, he managed to distract the hellhound, Cora’s pocketknife transformed into a Celestial Bronze sword, and they were able to kill the hellhound. The satyr told them about demigods and such, and accompanied them back to their family to discuss going to a camp in America to train. Lydia, being a demigod herself, knew this day would come, but had high doubts that Stefan would allow the girls to travel to America. As she suspected, there was no convincing him to allow such a thing, so the satyr left without them, and Lydia secretly took on the job of training them to take on monsters.

A little over a year and a half prior to the their eighteenth birthday, during an annual meeting between gypsy covens, Marcella and Cora met their prospective husbands, but they were not nice and kind like Stefan they were mean and seemed to be somewhat abusive. When they felt each other's panic, they knew they would need to get out of there and find their own lives, Later that night the girls decided to run away and try to scrounge up enough money to travel to America. They fled to the city, and used their combined gifts of dancing and pickpocketing to raise enough money for plane tickets to New York. Lydia, looking into her crystal ball, saw what her granddaughters were planning and intercepted the. She gave them each a special pendant, as well as some drachmas should they need to contact her and directions to Camp Half-Blood once they got off the plane in New York.

Shortly after, they saw a crowd, and decided to get some quick cash. Marcella began dancing, mesmerizing the entire crowd while Cora got to work. As she stole and picked Cora became increasingly worried that cops would show up. She signalled to her sister using their empathy link to mark one more victim, and they were done. Cora got to the man, reached into his bag, and pulled out a short stack of papers, along with some cash. As she turned, she saw the man wink at her and just disappear. Cora ran while her sister received many congratulations on her dancing. When they got back to their motel room, the girls looked at the stack of papers. Two items were plane tickets to New York for later that night, and another item was a letter from Hermes to his daughters. The letter explained much more of what Lydia had told them earlier, and that Hermes was immensely proud of what his daughters were doing. That night the girls went to the airport, and got on the plane to New York. While they flew, one flight attendant kept bothering them, and looking at them strangely. Near the end of the flight, the attendant approached the two girls and just started strangling Cora. As she lifted Cora, a girl thrust a sword through the flight attendant causing her appearance to change to that of a snake woman. The girl then pressed the blade of the sword and which caused it to turn into a ring. The girl introduced herself as Hailey, and explained to them that they were just attacked by a dracnae, and that they must be demigods if they were attacked. When the plane landed the Hailey took Marcella and Cora to Camp Half-Blood and made sure that they got comfortable in the Hermes Cabin.

--------------------

for the full bio see http://camphalfbloodroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/Coralynn_Nicolae