t h i r t y o n e

Faith's PoV
saturday 16th december
3:00pm

i got up from the sofa and headed into the bathroom to shower. i undressed and stepped in, letting the warm water cascade down my body.

i washed my hair, body and face and let myself relax. i was genuinely so excited for today.

I soon got out the shower one i was finished and dried myself off, before changing into some fresh underwear.

i put on a black sports bra, then my yellow cropped hoodie over the top and i pulled on my black ripped skinny jeans.

i was sort of rushing even though i had like an hour and a bit till i had to leave. it would take me about an hour or more to get to the venue so i was leaving at 4:50 just to be on the safe side.

i sat down in front of my mirror and dried off my hair. ones done i brushed it through before tying it up.

i then applied a little concealer, eye shadow, mascara and i was ready.

i looked at the time

4:10pm

i've got to leave in 40 minutes.. i cant believe it's happening today.

i grab my backpack and fill it with things i may need like a water bottle, purse, portable charger and a few snacks.

now..

what do i do for the next 35 minutes?

Friends it is then.

i grab my vans, phone and shoes before i head through to the main room and sit on the sofa.

i'd texted Rye this morning at around 11am except he hadn't replied. though he would be busy preparing for tour. i couldn't wait..

i try and shake of the thought and focus on friends.

****

my alarm suddenly goes off..

it was time. i had to leave.

this was really happening..

i jump up, turn the tv off, slip on my vans and grab my bag and keys. i locked my flat door behind me and practically sprinted down the stairs, out the door, towards my car. it was freezing and also raining too.. great.

i climb inside and out the keys in the ignition, putting the heating on full blast. i find my roadtrip playlist and hit play..

i was so ready for today.

i smile and set off down the road..

Rye's PoV
saturday 16th december
6:00pm

30 minutes until the show.. the doors were opening now though since it was raining pretty hard outside. that means any minute now.. Faith would be inside.. we'd be in the same building. id be seeing her soon..

"Rye..?" Brooklyn says from the stairwell. i was sat alone in the box above the stage while the boys were backstage, i was going to watch the show from up here since i wasn't doing the show, only m&g.. oh so blair thought.

"hey.." i say. he hands me my mic.

"all you need to do is speak into it from here when Andys done speaking, got it?" he tells me and i nod. we had arranged for me do give a little message to the fans.

"you remember what i told you..?" i ask and he nods, and then walks in with my bag, placing it by the sofa.

"what if i can't-"

"you'll be able to, i know you. you'll find a way."  i say and he smiles at me.

"i feel so bad about doing this behind their backs but somehow so excited" he says and i let out a laugh.

"Blair's gonna be pissed off.." i sigh.

"i don't think he will.. i think he'll realise he made a mistake throwing a tour onto you randomly when you weren't ready at all. none of us were though.. we didn't think we'd be doing this christmas tour, yeah i guess it was exciting, but we could have had a warning rather than a 4 week notice" brooklyn says and i nod.

"well.. you better get out there" i tell him and give him a smile. he smiles back.

"stay safe" he tells me and heads down the stairs.

the music goes off and our intro begins to play. screams suddenly erupt and i smile.

"WHATSSS UPPP LONDONN" Mikey screams as the boys run into the stage. the fans begin screaming like crazy.

"so.. we'd like to start this off a little differently tonight" Brooklyn starts, "Andy?" he looks towards him and Andy steps forward.

"as you can see there's only 4 of us out here tonight" he says and pauses and the fans sort of let out a.. gasp?, "unfortunately.. as you may know, Rye hasn't been feeling too good these past few weeks. he's going through a little bit of a rough time.. so Blair, the boys and himself decided it would be best for him to not peform tonight.. over to you Rye" Andy finished, there were a few surprised and upset cries but i shake them off and bring the Mic to my mouth.

"Hey roadies! it's Rye. i'm so so sorry that i cant be out there performing in front of you all with my boys. but i'm here, i'm not far away. i'm still with you. i've not had the best few months i guess you could say, my confidence has dropped a lot and i'm finding it hard to be my old self. i'm okay, it's just i don't have the best mind set right now. i love you all, and i'm so sorry. i hope i didn't let you all down.. that's the last thing i wanted to do. i'm getting better though, i promise. i'm doing this for you guys, the boys and myself. once again.. i'm sorry.. thank you guys" i finish and i hear clapping and a few 'awws' from below. i guess the roadies were okay with it.. but i knew deep down they'd be disappointed.

i smile and look down at the boys. Brooklyn looks up and smiles back at me before the intro to 'Miss Taken' erupted out from the speakers and they began their performance.