15. Tom Marvolo Riddle

Harry's POV:
We walk in to find Ginny. I run up to her Juliet following behind. " Ginny..." I say. "Ginny please wake up." I say shaking her. "She won't wake." Someone says and Juliet and I turn around. A young man stood there. Tom Riddle. "Tom. Tom Riddle. What do you mean she won't wake?" I say standing up. " Harry how do you know him?" Juliet asks. "I saw him. In a diary." I say and Juliet raises and eyebrow. " That book you lost?" She asks. "Yeah." I say nodding. "Is she...?" I ask. "She's not dead. She's alive. Only just." Tom says. Juliet sighs. " What have you done to her?" Juliet asks. "As poor Ginny gets weaker I get stronger." He says as he picks up my wand. "Give me my wand Tom." Harry says holding out his hand. "I'm afraid I can't do that. You see Ginny was the one who opened the chamber of secrets." Tom says. "She couldn't. She wouldn't." I say shaking my head. " Your lying!" Juliet snapped. "It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat... ...Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls." He says looking at my wand. "But why?" I ask looking at her. "Because I told her to." Is Tom's response. " You sick bastard!" Juliet shouts. "You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her. She tried to dispose of it in the girls' bathroom. And then who should find it but you? The very person I was most anxious to meet. Of course I wanted to meet your sister as well." He says. Tom puts a hand on Juliet's face. I feel myself boil with anger. "Get off her." I push him. He looks pissed now. "Do you know who I am? I am Lord Voldemort! Surely you didn't think... ...I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father's name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere... would fear to speak when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world." He says. I glare at him. "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world." I say angrily.

Fawkes comes flying down and gives me a hat. "So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defenders. A song bird and an old hat." Tom says. "Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin... against the famous Harry and Juliet Potter." The basilisk comes out of a chamber. Fuck. Juliet instinctively pulls out her wand. It comes after us and we turn to run. I try to speak in Parseltongue. "Parseltongue won't save you now, Potter. It only obeys me." Riddle says. I fall causing Juliet to trip. The large snake comes down to attack but Fawkes attacks him while I find my glasses and put them back on. "No! Your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you." Tom yells. Me and Juliet get up and run into some tunnels. Juliet runs quicker then I do. She runs farther and I lose her. I end up at a dead end.

Juliet's POV:
I can hear it moving. My heart racing. I feel dread. What have I gotten into? I break out of a tunnel. I hear the beast roar and Harry comes from a tunnel, the beast behind him. We begin climbing up some statue thing. Fawkes comes and drops... The sorting hat? Harry picks it up and pulls something from it. The sword of Gryffindor. I had seen it in books. He raised it as the Basilisk was about to strike. It sinks deep in its throat. It wails and collapses on the ground. I notice Harry is bleeding. It got him. We rush to Ginny.

Harry's POV:
"The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead, and I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return... ...very much alive." Tom says. I see the diary and take it opening it on the floor. I take the tooth of the basilisk and stab it. The ink comes out and light shines from Tom. Juliet rushes to me. Fawkes fly's down. Soon Tom is completely faded and Ginny sits up. "Harry? It was me. But I swear, I didn't mean to. Riddle made me, and... Harry, you're hurt." She says looking at my arm. "Don't worry. Ginny, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber and you'll find Ron." I say. Fawkes let's out some tears and my wound heals. I remember that Phoenix tears have healing powers. I look at Ginny and nod. "It's alright Ginny. It's all over." I say and we all get up. We get back and Ron hugs Ginny we all are flying back to Hogwarts by Fawkes. "This is just like magic!" Lockhart yells.