35. Choosing

Juliet's POV:
I push my hair away from my face as I sit, waiting for her to wake up. " I'm sorry... It's all my fault..." I mumble. She is hooked up to an IV. I heard that she hadn't eaten in a week either. I hear a groan as she starts to wake up. I look up slightly relieved. I hadn't moved from this spot. Everyone was worried, I know. I have been worrying everyone since I ran into the woods after hurting her. She looks at her surroundings. "I can't be here. I don't want to be here." She says trying to pull off the IV. I grab her hand. " Nikki don't..." I whisper so it's barely audible. "Let me go. I just... I can't be here. I can't." She says sitting up and trying to pull away. I pull my hand away afraid I'll scare her again. " I'm sorry for touching you..." I whisper. "It's fine. I just need to get out." She says pulling the medical tape from her arm to try and take the IV off. " I'm sorry..." I say again. "I know I heard you." She says. I can see how thin she's getting and how tired she looks. She gets the medical tape off pulling the IV off and gets up. Her legs are shaky as she walks away from the bed. I just sit there putting my face in my hands. The other schools were arriving today. The goblet would be open. The worst part was Ced was entering. I didn't want him to but I wanted to support him. I start to cry. Nikki looks back at me trying to stay up without falling. I just sit there. I'm going to loose everyone. I feel a hand placed on my shoulder. "I'm sorry..." Nikki says just at a whisper. "I just don't want you to get hurt." She says. " I just can't loose you... What am I saying I already have lost you and I'm going to loose Ced to..." I whisper. "You haven't lost me. I'm just going through a lot okay?" She says and pulls me into an unexpected hug. "And what's going on with Cedric?" She asks holding me. I look into her eyes. " He's entering the Triwizard Tournament..." I whisper. "The what?" She asks confused. " It's a tournament in between the three magical schools of Europe... They are trying to start it again... The reason it was stopped in the first place was because the death toll was so high..." I explain in a whisper. "Listen what are the chances that he is going to be picked? There not very high. I think it'll be okay." She says. I sigh. " I guess your right..." I say looking down. " They are picking at the feast tonight..." I whisper. " I guess we could go watch people put their names in... Get out of here..." I suggest looking up. "Sounds good." She says pulling away and smiling at me. I stand and we walk together. The great hall is crowded with students. Ced comes over. " I'm glad you're here... I wanted to wait for you..." He says pecking my lips. I give him a fake smile. He takes out a piece of paper and walks towards the goblet. Nikki takes my hand to comfort me. He steps over the age line and puts the paper into the goblet. Alot of his friends cheer him on. I let go of Nikki's hand so I can clap. He smiles at me and I return it though I don't want to. Soon we hear the twins and they run in. Nikki's eyes widen. " Ladies and Gentlemen may we have your attention!" George and Fred called out. The hold up two viles. Everyone cheers. " Just brewed it this morning..." George says proudly. " It's not going to work..." Hermione says in a sing song voice. " And why would that be Granger?" Fred asks plopping down next to her. George sits on the other side of her. " Because that is an age line... Dumbledore drew it himself... He couldn't be fooled by something so pathetically dimwitted..." She says. " That's the point because it's pathetically..." George starts. " Dim witted..." Fred finishes. "Guys." Nikki says walking to them. " Yes?" They say in unison. I follow behind Nikki. "What do you think your doing?" She asks looking at them worried. " We are entering..." George answers. "Seriously?" She asks sounding as if she has slight anger in her voice. " You both aren't going to ven get your names in... I agree with Hermione on this one..." I say. They both smirk. " We'll see about that Jay..." The say in unison. They both look at eachother. " Ready Fred..." George says. " Ready George..." Fred says. " Bottoms up!" They both say. They drink their potions down. They jump across the age line. Nothing happens. " Yeah!" The twins cheer. Everyone around cheers them on. They each take out a piece of paper. They drop it into the goblet. Did that just bloody work? That's when the goblet turns red and blasts them backwards. When they sit up they have white beards. I put my hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter. Nikki let's out a sigh of relief. I let my laughter out. " You both are idiots..." I say pointing at them laughing. "You said..." George points at Fred. "You said..." Fred points at George. They tackle each other and start to fight. Everyone around us starts to encourage it. " Nikki help I'm dying..." I say leaning on her for support. I burst out laughing. Nikki let's out a small laugh shaking her head at me. Victor Krum walks in and everyone falls silent. Nikki pulls the twins off each other. "Okay one out of two things will happen. Either we have to make a reverse potion or the potion will wear off but Fred can't touch me for however long you two are like this." She says crossing her arms as the twins stand up. " What? Am I not beautiful like this?" Fred says dramatically. I watch Victor put his name in. He shoots me a smile. Everyone was whispering. " Did he just smile at Potter?" I hear whispered around. " Granger too..." I hear others say. I decide to focus on Fred. He tries to kiss Nikki. She hides behind me. "Ewww! This is not right! How do we reverse it?" Nikki asks trying to stay away from him. I burst out laughing. " I'll take them..." Madame Pomphrey says. They follow her bickering the whole way. " Well that was interesting..." I say to Nikki. "That was disturbing. It that even allowed? For him to kiss me while he is like that?" She asks standing up straight again. I giggle. That's when someone slaps my ass. I let out a shriek. I turn to see Ced smirking. " Ced you scared me..." I say putting a hand over my chest. " Sorry baby..." He says chuckling. Nikki laughs and shakes her head. "I'll let you two talk." She says walking towards the hospital wing.