5. Another First Date

Nicolette's POV:

I wake up about an hour after everything with Juliet. I have an hour to get ready. I look over and see an outfit laid out for me.

 I look over and see an outfit laid out for me

"Oh Juliet." I say shaking my head. I don't want to wear this so instead I put the clothes back in the closet and choose something else.

 I don't want to wear this so instead I put the clothes back in the closet and choose something else

Once satisfied with my clothing choice I do some make up and put my hair up. I slip on some Converse and walk out the door. I believe he asked me to meet him at the black lake. I walk to the black lake and sit waiting for him.

"Nikki." I hear Fred say. I turn to see him smiling.

"Fred." I say smiling back. "So..." I say awkwardly.

"So... Umm tell me about yourself." He says and I push a strand of hair out of my face.

"Well... I'm twelve, my favorite colors are blue and black, I-" I'm cut off.

"No. What happened to you before you came here?" Fred says.

"Uhh... I don't zink-"

"It's okay." He says cupping my check to make me feel better.

"Okay vell... I never have really had friends. My life was pretty boring until about a year ago my parents died... In a car crash after a big fight between us. Zat's vhy I tend to distant myself from everyone and hold in my emotions most the time. I'm scared that someone will get hurt if I let how I feel out. I'm scared to get too close to people because I always seem to lose them. Zat's vhy I didn't want to stay at your house. I was scared that I would never see Claire again." I say tears forming in my eyes.

"Wow. You've been through a lot. But... I promise to stay by your side. No matter what I am to you." He says wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Zanks." I say with a smile.

"I really like you Nikki. Honestly when I first saw you I thought you were an angel." He says laughing and rubbing the back of his neck. I let out a short laugh and look at him.

"Me? An angel?" I ask and he nods. "I'm the total opposite of an angel I'm a demon. I am basically the devil himself." I say and Fred laughs shaking his head.