Meetings and ideas collide

Chuck saw the commotion and starts striding up towards us.

"WICKED moved the griever! It wasn't where it was killed. They left this," Tommy pulls out scroll, "It says: Think you could use it to escape? Don't you want a cure?!" Tommy reads.

I take the scroll, "Chuck?" He just reached us, "Put this on my bed in our tent please?"

Chuck does as he's asked with a small nod.

"Pits, now. There's a bonfire later so we'll let you out for that." Tegan says reasonably.

She then escorts the pair to the pits. I rake my hand's through my hair in frustration. A million thoughts are running around my head. Tegan dutifully has a whole Glade meeting. Everyone attends other than Callum and Izzy who I command to wait outside.

"There's one other thing, can someone get Thomas and Minho please?" Tegan says.

Gally and Winston jumps up simultaneously and heads out of the homestead towards the pits.

"Callum, Izzy, come in." I call.

Izzy looks again, bloody terrified, but not as much as before. Callum bro fists Max. Maybe he'd make a good slopper? Until he's tested for running. I'll bring that forward to both Izzy and Callum though.

"Izzy come here love." I say and she stands next to me.

Tegan's tough exterior drops for a split second but she catches herself again. I bet she's getting a bit, you know, about me and Izzy. Tommy is told to come in first without Minho so Winston brings him in. Tommy sits and Tegan explains how no one has any idea why we've a, got more early arrivals. And b, why we've got another girl.

"Hi, Izzy. We'll get out of here soon but until then we're all in this together." Tommy says like he's doing a pep talk or rally.

Izzy nods slowly but grinning and offers her hand out for Tommy to shake, he does so with a smile.

Then Tommy turns to Callum, "Hey Callum shank, I'm Thomas."

"Hey Tommy." And he nods rudely.

I cough, "His name's Thomas to you greenie, got it?" Callum gulps and nods, "Tommy knock twice on the door so Gally can bring Minho please?"

What? Me and my Tommy has a bromance. Anyway, Minho walks in and he shakes hands with Callum then his dark eye's seem to notice Izzy. He just stands there. Open-mouthed. I've never seen him so quiet other than when he got his memories back. As if someone flicked on a switch Minho is back to his sassy, savage self. He introduces himself to Izzy who's grin grows up to her ears. Izzy seems a tad more confident now, Minho's confidence is sometimes infectious. Maybe Izzy isn't immune to Minho?

"Dismissed." Tegan mutters and walls out.

"Newt? Want me to talk to her or are you on it?" Winston says delicately.

I take my hand's through my hair, "No, it's okay - I got it. But do speak to her soon."

He smiles and nods. Just before I'm going to follow Tegan Callum decides to speak to me.

"So what do we do?" He asks.

"Take Tommy to the pit he was in Callum, he'll show you the way. Same for Izzy and Minho. After go make yourself useful. But don't go into the forest, deadheads or the maze. Remember I told you about the maze?"

They both nod - Izzy scared out if her mind and Callum dismissively. Tommy, Minho give me a slightly worried look as I'm raking my hand's through my hair in frustration - again. Then they shuffle out along with the rest of the Gladers who haven't gone already. I go off to find Tegan and I see she's wandering off towards her tent. I follow her then I catch up. I latch our hand's in a tight clasp when I reach her. She smiles the softest smile and we continue walking for a few minutes until we reach her's - and Izzy's tent I suppose now.

"It'll be weird with another girl around here, Newt." Tegan says walking into the tent, "Look there's her bed." Tegan says pointing, "Help me clean the room so it's presentable?" She's asks me tiredly so I nod. After a moment or two she speaks again, "Newt, don't you think the Gladers should have built rooms like when it's Winter?"

"We do, the homestead has three bedrooms. People in high command normally use them in the cold seasons." I respond finding a top of Tegan's that she looks amazing in.

"Well, why don't we expand that? Or like build a block of single-story dormatries next to the homestead. Gladers will be in pairs. Keepers will have their own room's and second and first in command. Like Gally and the guy's could do it? It wouldn't take long. The sloppers could be like handyman for the builders too?" She suggests, "But when it's warm everyone will sleep in their hammocks outside and there's spare for us, Thomas, Minho and Gally. But we'll still keep our tents just for safe keeping and like a safe place. We should also build a common room in the homestead too. I mean the shower block is a bit away from the homestead. Like the dorms could be built in between?"

I walk up to her, "I think that's a brilliant idea love." I peck her forehead, "But," She looks at me, "I still want you to have your own room because I really respect you as well as Tommy. Obviously Izzy should stay with you as I don't want her alone with these boys."

"You like Izzy don't you?" Tegan says flopping on her bed with her head in her hand's, stressed.

"Izzy seems okay, I think we could get close. I could ask her advice on girls cus girls know girls-"

"She doesn't know me, Newt. Not yet." She says simply.

"I know, but please don't get jealous yeah?" She stares daggers at me, "What I mean is that there is no need. You're the one I love, the one I want to save from this hellhole. You've saved me so I'll always save you okay? Always. You're my first thought in the morning, my last at night-"

I get interrupted by Tegan's sweet, perfect-as-can-be lips on my own. She wraps her arm's around my body and I snake my arm's around her at her glorious hip.

"I love you." She says adorably after she breaks the kiss she started.

"I love you too, love. No matter if we still are in this place, my feeling's will never change."

THIS IS MONDAY'S UPDATE Y'ALL.

Sorry that I haven't updated on this story in a while, but at least I have in Nowhere left to run to. I've been studying, revising and doing coursework non-stop, especially health and social. I'm never left this but I'll make sure to be doing lots more updates on this book. Hope you enjoyed my lovelies.

Some drama with a certain girl and lad happens next chapter. Who's to say it is Newt and Tegan? Anyway, MockingjayRunner I'm really enjoying writing the character Izzy and I hope this is up to your expectations? A while ago you called Newt and Tegan your OTP and that really cheered me up and made my day.

I realise this is really long but I'm publishing a new book soon. It's the revival of Lunch with Logan. It's been improved and there is a lot of differences but the plot line between two characters is very similar.