Question girl

"Hey Newt," Tegan begins, her head still muzzled into me, "Thank you."

I rock her and say "What for?" She pulls away slowly, resentfully but grips my hand again and holds it.

"For earlier, when I was on that lookout tower, for punching Gally when he chucked me out the lift, for being nice to me all this time, for comforting me and hugging me. I didn't think anyone would like me here with the look I got off Gally. A look of pure disgust." She says quickly and quietly.

She trembles.

"It's okay. It's fine. You know tomorrow you will have to choose your jo-" I start, but was interrupted.

"What is a griever? Are they in the maze? What's the deal with the maze? What's the deal with us? Why can't we remember anything? Or anyone of our past? We're trapped. Aren't we?" Tegan looks at me desperately, panic in her eyes.

"I cannot answer all of those questions," she nods sadly. "But," Tegan's eyes light up for only a split second. "I can explain some."

I explain all about grievers and the complicated maze and all the tries we've had to escape. I say yes we are trapped but only at the moment. I tell her I don't know about the deal with us, with the maze and why we can't remember anything. Tegan just mumbles and nods in all the right places. Her eyes are glazed over. She's listening but she's also zoning out. I see Tegan's fire. A wondrous large beacon of hope for me. Oh and everyone else yeah. When we walk into the middle of the glade we are greeted by Minho.

"Hey greenie," Minho greets Tegan. "Hey Newt-woah..." Minho says as he looks on our still clasped hands.

I let go quickly and begin wiping myself down hurridly. I glance up at Tegan. Shuck, that's got me a really filthy look.

"So, greenie, you got a tent just for you sent up in the lift. Me and the guys has just put it up as Ben and I came back earlier than expected." Tegan gives Minho a quizzical look.

"From where?" Tegan asks looking around.

"From the maze. That's my job. I'm Keeper of the runners. So like your head runner."

Tegan's face smiles widely, "What's a runner?"

"Listen Tegan, I gotta get on with some of my work to be truthful. I'll let Minho introduce you to everyone. Yeah?" Tegan nods sadly, "I'll be back Teegs." I yell over my shoulder as I walk away.

Limp away actually. My limp is acting up. Tegan will never ever know about that. The last thing I see when I glance back over my shoulder is Tegan smiling, (woah and blushing), plus asking lots of questions while Minho tries to explain. I feel my stomach curdle slightly.

No.

Again, a little on the short side but I hope you like a jealous Newtie. Some drama starts so please continue.