Quality time

Minho puts Thomas, Callum and Izzy through their paces yes indeed. Izzy doesn't do great and I know she can't be a runner because she can't, she just want's to spend more time with Minho I reckon.

"Izzy, you didn't pass I'm afraid. Don't worry about it, we're ridiculously fit. I'm making you a track-hoe. Zart tells me you did excellent in the gardens and you can hang out with Newt."

Izzy smiles through her panting and gives me a thumbs up. She also mouths a thanks to me.

"Thomas you're a runner, so are you Callum." Minho announces, "Thomas you'll run with me. Tegan you alright to run with Callum?"

"Yeah sure." I respond, "Right then, continue to have your day off." I say.

Newt made them do it on their day off. Thomas wasn't hungover, Izzy, Minho and Callum are though. Although to be perfectly fair, Minho and Izzy sobered up and didn't feel the hangover so bad when they woke up next to each other. Izzy never wanted to be a runner, but it's a mandatory requirement test.

"Minho?"

"Yes princess?"

I smile at my nickname.

"What do ya normally do on a day off?" I ask curiously.

I've only ever been at the Glade on working days.

"Let me show you."

------

Four hours later I'm sat in mine and Izzy's tent. Me and Izzy spent an hour with Minho and Frypan. Then two with Chuck, Winston, Ricky, Jay, Max and Callum. The last hour me and Izzy have been getting to know each other.

"So, what's your favourite colour?" Izzy asks me hugging her pillow on the floor of the tent opposite me.

"Green. I know we see it all the time here and not much else but their's so many shades and it's beautiful. Makes me hopeful that there is still life in the world other than us, remaining humans, WICKED and cranks." I say.

"What are cranks?" Izzy asks me smiling.

When I tell her it wipes the smile off her face.

"What's your favourite colour? Sorry, I forgot to ask."

"Blue."

"Why's that?" I ask.

"Relaxing and peaceful colour I suppose." She answers.

"Fair enough." We both chuckle, "So, I know the Minho thing was an accident but can you remember it?" I ask curiously.

Izzy blushes madly, "Yeah and he said this morning he could too. That's before we fully realised I think." Izzy says quickly.

"I see." I reply.

Suddenly there's a flourish of the tent flaps.

"Ladies, sorry to interrupt your bonding session but I need to whisk my girl away for a surprise for a while." Newt announces.

I melt when he calls me my girl, it makes my heart flutter. I haven't seen him much today maybe this is why.

"Go ahead, enjoy." Izzy grins.

"Izzy, I think the runners are going to play some games with the whole Glade. Everyone's going to be playing." Newt says, "You know how to get back?"

Izzy shakes her head for no.

"Let's show her quick Newt." I smile up at him and he grins back down at me.

Me and Newt and Izzy walk through the forest back to the main part of the Glade. Newt in the middle, me on his right linked with his arm and Izzy on the other side. He's such a gentleman - that's one of his personality traits that I love about him.

"Hey Izzy!" Callum yells.

One of the redeeming factor of Callum is that he looks after Izzy and they have bonded as they came up together.

"Cal!" Izzy shouts and runs into a hug.

Newt turns and I turn with him and we spot a not looking happy Minho.

"He's jealous." Newt chuckles and he leads us back into the woods, holding hands.

"Where are we going?" I whine happily.

"You'll see, love." Newt kisses me on the tip of my nose.

When we arrive to the spot their is a mini banquet for two. There's candles, roses, chocolate, chicken legs, strawberries, cookies, bacon, a salad and a curry. It's all set out on a picnic blanket. Newt hands me a rose and I stare at it, taking in its beauty.

"It's amazing." I mumour.

Newt smiles and thanks me and also helps me put the rose into my long, golden locks of hair. He helps me sit comfortably on the blanket and hands me a couple of pillows and tells me he's got more blankets for later when it gets chilly.

"You're amazing." Newt whispers against my neck.

"You're too cute." I peck him on the lips then rush over to the feast.

"Hungry love?" Newt chuckles with a fond smile.

"Starving." I say enthusiastically.

I put this red, squishy thing into my mouth and an explosion in my mouth breaks out. It's sweet and juicy.

"You like them?" Newt asks as I shove another three bites into my mouth.

"What are they?" I groan in the happy and amazing taste.

"Strawberries." Newt smiles, sitting down next to me.

"I love strawberries." I gasp in delight at the flavour.

"And I love you." Newt says just as sweet as the strawberries.

I put down the strawberries and I kiss Newt passionately and he kisses back.