Running, running, running

Minho chuckles and I laugh. We talk for another couple of hours: it's nice. Minho makes me laugh and he starts sassing everyone in sight. Some Gladers sass back but then he comes back all guns blazing. Others get pissed or shrug or ignore him or laughs along. Sooner than I expected it's teatime at the Glade and I smell Frypan's cooking; and let me say, it smells good.

"Thanks babe." I say and give my girlfriend a quick peck.

I hear awwwhhhsss behind me and I flick off the rest of the cue. I shuffle to a seat and sit down with Winston on my left, Devin on my right, plus Minho and Tommy opposite me.

"Where's Chuck?" Devin says as Ricky plops down beside boyfriend Winston.

"Here!"

And he squeezes himself - or tries to so the pair budges it - between Tommy and Minho. Chuck starts chatting to Tommy and Minho about some story that happened today. Winston and Ricky are whispering lovey-dovey stuff. So I decide to talk to Devin.

"Hey, Devin."

"Hi Newt." He says smiling, "I'm heading for an early night soon but can you tell Tegan for me thanks for calming me down a while ago. It's much appreciated."

I finish chewing and nod although I don't know what he's on about. A few minutes later he leaves. The strange thing is that Tegan has walked in front of all us Gladers with a frying pan. She bangs on it a couple of times quite loud to get people's attention.

"Attention Gladers!" Everyone quietens, "I know not everyone remembers, in fact me and three others do out of all of us lot," Minho stands and waves but Tommy yanks him down, "But I do not know how to get out, none of us do. WICKED never told us, any of us. But not tomorrow but the day after me - and Minho - will disect the griever I killed. We will hopefully find something out, a way out." People starts clapping a couple of times, "I ask you to stand with me, stay with me, fight with me. We will escape and we will have justice!" Everyone whoops and cheers in agreement then quietens when Tegan raises her left, delicate hand, "Me and Minho are currently the only runners as previous runners quit after Alby got stung in the day - we need volunteers. All that is required is a simple bleep test and you to be reasonably fit. Speak to me or Keeper Minho, thank you."

Everyone nods and I hear a lot of whispers. I look to the table of ex runners. Joseph, Timothy, Harold, Oliver and Shan were huddled together. Whispering. Not liking it one bit. During dinner Tegan ends up sitting with Max, Clint, Jeff, Frypan, Gally, Quinn and a few other guys. After I've eaten I excuse myself and come behind Tegan and I wrap my arms around her neck and kiss her on the cheek and she smiles and turns and gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

"You two are adorable." Clint comments.

"I'll miss you in the medi-hut after dinner, Tegan." Jeff says and Tegan smiles.

Tegan still has extremely bad anxiety. Plus depression. She may seem all happy and confident but on the inside she's dying. She compares herself to a broken mirror. Good anology but it breaks my heart. To hear her talk about herself the way she does it just... It just... It hurts.

"I will too Jeff." Clint pulls a mock outraged face, "You too Clint."

"Tegan," I whisper, pulling strands of Tegan's hair behind her ear's, "You okay sweetheart? You seemed worked up up there. Where did that speech come from?" I whisper into her ear.

She looks at me and I know that look. She needs to get out of here and the public eye.

"If you will excuse us, me and Newt are going to have a bit if quality time." Tegan says to the table.

Gally nods, chewing. Clint and Quinn mumbles bye. Max waves with a few other guys. Jeff and Frypan wink. I take her hand that is slightly shaking and we walk the opposite direction. I hear Tommy gets up but Winston mumbles something and he sits back down. I walk Tegan to the lookout tower but before I climb up I look at her and her face is damp with tears.

"What's wrong love?" I ask, gently tilting her chin so she's looking into my eye's.

"I-I-I don't know..." She says quietly.

Tegan, she had another panic attack, in my arm's. It was dreadful, a really bad one. It wasn't a meltdown and panic attack, just a panic attack. She sobbed in my arm's, wetting my tank top. She was shaking. So. Shucking. Much. I just tried to calm her down as her eye's were clouded with tears. Her head kept turning this way and that. Her eye's darting everywhere. I really worry about Tegan. It must be really overwhelming for her here. She's got all of her memories before here, so what if something else horrible happened but she didn't express? I know her and Tommy's parent's were killed in a fire blaze but she never said anything about school. Maybe it's that? I don't know.

"Let's go up Newt." Tegan says onto my chest.

------

We've been sat at the bottom of the lookout tower for about two hours now: that's how long it was this time. She slowly descends up the tower. I try not to look up at her bum but it's hard. We climb up and she sits herself down cross-legged near the edge.

"Remember on your first day you jumped of this tower, landed on your feet like some badass feline and legged it. You did faceplant then get knocked out though." I say also sitting cross-legged.

"Seems like years ago." Tegan mumbles then she gasps, "I'm sorry, I know I haven't been here years but it just feels like it. I know I haven't gone through all the stuff you have in the year seven months and a bit."

I take her intricate hand's in mine, "I wasn't offended or anything. Don't worry beautiful." I pause, "Can I talk to you about something serious.

"Yeah."

"What happened at school? I can't ask Min as he was in China. Tommy doesn't remember. Gally or Frypan won't know. Winston would but he wasn't in your year though I supposed you told him."

Tegan thinks about it for a couple of minutes. I'm ample for a response. What she does tell me is horrible. She was bullied during school. She says all her memories came all back in one huge wash of depression and anxiety again. Tegan was bullied so severely. She'd been bullied all of her school life. I just cuddle her and listen to these horrific memories.

"What was Tommy doing?"

"He knew, he beat the shit out of some of the older lads that started bullying me."

"What about me?"

"Well, you did the same as Thomas. You two got arrested when a nosy neighbour rang the police. You got off with nothing but I had to speak to the police about the bullying. They did what they could..." And she trails off.

I kiss her then, promising to always protect her. She does the same to me. We end up making out peacefully, alone up on top of the lookout tower under the stars.

#I'llleaveyouwithsomefluff.

Also, comment below if you know the song that the lyrics - this chapter's title - is from.

Thanks to all my supporters, readers, writers, voters, people who comment and silent people for all the support and appreciation for this book. And a special thanks to MockingjayRunner for all the recent votes. Because if it this book's reads have gone from 989 to 1.01K. So thankyou very much chicka. I wanted to celebrate so here's an early release chapter - don't worry, they'll still be a chapter published for Friday.

Wish me look tomorrow, I've got a mock English Language paper two. The last question - unlike English Language paper one - is not a description or narrative question it's a persuasive one. So - wish me luck!