Six months pass

That night with Newt we just danced, kissed, watched the stars, talked and also... We made love. Despite the messed up lives that we live who cares? At first it was weird: I was giggly and had to instruct Newt how to start the process but soon enough instincts stepped in. Anyway, I didn't get pregnant, I'm not pregnant. We're lucky as I didn't bring any protection for us. Thomas found out the next day thanks to Minho finding out and telling lots of Gladers. Thomas didn't talk to me for a week and Newt for eleven days. But Thomas is perfectly happy with us after. He was just a bit shocked and needed time to think. Me and Newt have done it again since as well - protection involved. As for Izzy and Minho, well, for the first two weeks they held back from each, wanting to flirt but didn't. Then, they started flirting heavily. After a month and a half Minho finally worked up the courage to ask Izzy to girlfriend. Izzy must be and is really special to Minho as that shank is always the super confident kind. Minho is extremely protective - sometimes overlyprotective - and has already beat up three different guys for just looking at Izzy in a certain way, or flirting. Minho gets very jealous and has medium to high PDA with Izzy to show all the rest of us shanks that Izzy is his and only his. It's been six months since me and Thomas came up in the box and we're still in the Glade. Everyone is really starting to lose hope now - Thomas especially. He doesn't really smile now despite mine and other people's fruitless efforts. This makes me even more determined to find my way out for everyone. In other news, Teresa has arrived. She's the third - and WICKED says final - girl in the Glade. She doesn't really like people other than my brother Thomas, who's she is always trying to get with. I think Thomas likes her but I'm not sure. There's something there but I'm not quite certain what it is. The homestead expansion plan I had is fully built now. If it's too hot we have the option of sleeping on our hammocks. We left the tents and only me, Izzy, Newt, Thomas, Minho, Gally and Frypan are allowed in our old tents. Me and Minho are best mate's now, he's still close to Thomas and Newt but he's my best friend. Winston is also my best friend too but now I treat him more as my twin brother. Chuck is of course everyone's favourite little man. Other than Teresa coming up we had five greenie guys: Matt, Jacob, Henry, Peter and Kai. (Teresa came after Henry and before Peter). Matt is a builder. Jacob is a runner. Henry is a cook. Peter and Kai are runners too. Thank god for that.

"Min-Min?" I ask for Minho's attention over the way in the map room, "You know how each section has a number...? Could that be a code to get out?" I had a lightbulb.

"GRIEVER HOLE! GRIEVER HOLE!" Minho screams really loud.

"What's a Griever hole?" Jacob asks.

"Tegan, you did it! That's why Griever hole is important. The Grievers come out of it having been unlocked by the creators and WICKED." Minho explains.

"We're getting out?" Thomas says actually smiling.

"Yes!" My eye's start watering, "Oh Thomas, you're smiling!" I laugh through my tears.

My big brother engulfs me in a bear hug and ends up swinging me round the room, both of us laughing our heads off.

"Tegan, whatever happens, you are my main priority so stick with me and I love you very much."

"I love you too brother." I say genuinely.

Then Minho and Thomas puts me on their shoulders and the rest of the runners parade behind us.

"Watch the tre-"

"OW SHUCKFACE! BE CAREFUL SLINTHEADS!" I shout in pain but also laughing as I almost got knocked out by a low tree branch.

"Shanks Glade meeting now." Minho yells to the Glade.

"We'll go round everyone up." Peter suggests then him, Callum, Jacob and Kai runs off to do so.

"I gotta go tell Newt!" I laugh with happiness.

Minho and my brother Thomas puts me down and I leg it to Newt's/ mine room. Newt's sat there on the bed, crying.

"Oh Tegan!" Newt says and rushes towards me with his arm's open.

"Shhh, ssshhh. It's okay. What's wrong?" I ask the love of my life.

"I'm not good enough to get you out of the maze. You deserve a better life." He sobs onto my chest.

"Newtie? Baby, I need you to come with me, okay? It's good news." I say calmly but I add some excitement.

This seems to cheer Newt up a lot.

"I love it when you're excited." He smirks.

I wipe his tears and rest my forehead on his, "I love you, you sap."

"Yeah but I'm your sap." Newt answers cheekily and accurately, "I love you too."

"C'mon, Thomas is actually happy!"

I then explain about Thomas and Newt whoops and throws me over his shoulder and he legs it to council hall.

"Good to see you, Newt, Tegan." Minho greets waiting for us.

I go and sit in between Chuck and Winston. Newt smiles at me and plops down next to Thomas. Minho then explains the realization and everyone agrees until...

"Why would we want to leave here? We belong here." Gally cuts in.

"I agree with Gally." Izzy adds in surprisingly.

Everyone looks at Izzy to Gally to Minho to Gally to Minho to Izzy to Minho to Izzy then to me to Newt to the floor.

"Pardon?" Minho asks slightly shocked.

This is gonna start something. I want to escape this place so much and Thomas is the same but he voices it more so there's still some conflict with Gally and Thomas. Minho has told me in confidence that Izzy believes what Gally believes in the sense that we belong in the Glade and that they've had several rowdy arguments about who's right: Thomas or Gally.

"We belong here. Here is safer. We have water, food, shelter, trees, friends, family-"

"No, our family is out there - probably dead." Max interrupts.

Newt stands up with Thomas. Oh klunk.

"We need to get out of here darlin'," Minho's says softly, walking towards Izzy, "I want a better life for us where we don't wake up wondering whether we are going to die or be killed today." Minho says really softly.

"I'm scared Minho." Izzy cries.

Minho hugs her, "I know. We all are. Izzy if you ain't scared you ain't human as Alby used to say." Minho says.

All is calmer now - I think.

"Plan of action: cooks! Prepare some light and filling foods for our journey. We need supplies to last. Slicers! Gather your knives ectetra and builders help them make weapons." Newt begins.

"Sloppers! Help everyone gather some personal things. Only important things. Track-hoes and runners! We need to devise how we are going to fight these grievers. Cal, you go fetch the maps and sketches ta." I command, hands on hips.

"I'm not going." Gally states loudly.

Two updates because I've been horrible and haven't updated this since April the 13th. Hope you like it and the turn of events.

Will everyone make it out alive?

And will love last?