Chapter 25 Tobais's POV

After we check behind the benches we decide to look inside my sibling's and my tree House.

It is the most lavish tree house anybody could see. It is not one but four tree houses connected by paths to become one.

We climb the staircase that leads to my tree house first.

"Wow it's quite  cool." Tris says.

"I know not like a normal tree house eh?"

"Definitely not."

In my tree house there's a huge sofa. Beside it is a shelf filled with all my precious things. At the centre of the shelf there is a blue statue that symbolises falling water. My mother gave it to me to show our defiance towards that monster Marcus.

He believes in selflessness and he feels that keeping anything is a form of self indulgence which is selfish. I always kept it hidden from him in a room in my tree house that contains a bed. But now, I don't need to hide it.

"Let's start looking from behind the sofa." Tris starts breaking the wave of thought in my mind. I nod and we start looking behind the sofa then underneath the table in front of it. We walk towards the bedroom and search underneath the bed.

I know it's impossible that she could be there because underneath that bed lies a suit case filled with junk. Broken spectacles and many others. My mother first put the statue in there and told my father that it contained blankets. I took the statue out and filled it with other useless junk that are now precious to me.

They are an act of defiance towards my father. And I will never let go of that little defiance.

Then we search in MY book room. The book room at home is my mother's this is mine. It's much smaller yet containes much more books.

When we first bought the house we had shifted from that old house that contained Marcus at every corner. It had no decoration only necessary things. This house contains so many decorations and rooms that we used a whole room to put my mother's book collection that she left with my grandparents.

This house is the whole family's big act of defiance towards Marcus. He will never be welcomed in this house and this family no matter how much he begs and pleads. I wonder if he would even want to come back.

I realise that while thinking we had stopped searching. Tris is looking at me questioning in her head what I'm doing. I stare at her back and then she removes her gaze from my eyes.

"Let's go check in the shelves over there." I point it to her. I swear I saw it move.

She nods. She saw it move too. Slowly we walk towards the shelf and scream behind it. Lynn gets the shock of her life and she covers her ears.

"Ow what was that for?"

"For fun" Tris says as she smiles innocently. Lynn rolls her eyes and pushes Tris so she can get out of the shelf.

"Nice hiding place though. I almost never would have thought of it." I say.

"Then you're stupid." She replies as she gives a fake smile. I roll my eyes. I just realised we roll our eyes a lot.

We walk back to my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys I made alot of divergent references in thus chapter. Again all references go to Veronica Roth for writing Divergent trilogy and the Four series. Please like and comment if you like the book and you think I can improve on areas. Thanks!  <4