Chapter 49 Shauna's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. I get my phone and see the notification.

Today is Tris's birthday! I jump out of bed and eun through the hole that connects my room amd Lynn's room.

I take a pillow from her couch and slowly walk towards her. Then, I hit her hard on the head with it.

She immediately sits up and groans. That's all I get? A groan? I was hoping a scream maybe.

"Thanks." She mumbles sarcastically.

I give her a sheepish smile and reply, "You're welcome. And hurry! Today is Tris's birthday! Plan is on. I hope you have good acting."

She rolls her eyes. "You better hope that Zeke and Uriah don't be stupid today." She says. I laugh and nod my head.

"Now get ready. We have a long day ahead." And with that, I wak off.

Tris's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock.  I get up and stretch. And that's when it hits me.

"Holy klunk! Today's the day! It's coronation day!" I giggle at my own references and get out of bed.

But still, today marks my 16 years in this  world. Existing. I look out of my window to see Tobias.

He's still sleeping. And he looks so cute! I turn around and hop into my toilet.

I brush my teeth and shower. I walk out with a robe and close the window curtains.

I decide to be a bit different today and wear a dress. I pick out a dress that hugs me until my hips and then flows down freely all the way to my knees.

It has a white bade and there are pale orange, yellow and red streaks everywhere. I go to my dresser and look at myself in the mirror.

"Oh fine. I'll wear just foundation." I whisper to myself. I apply it and let my hair flow freely. I put on white flats and head down for breakfast.

"Oh klunk! I forgot my bag!" I eun upstairs and get my bag and run back down.

"Sooo, what's for breakfast?" I say dragging the 'so'.

"I made pancakes hun." My dad says. That's weird. My dad almost never cooks breakfast.

But whatever! Pancakes are my favourite! I run up to a chair beside Caleb and sit.

"Hey! There's something different about you!" He says. I smile and look at him.

"Well what is it?" I ask him. He shake his head and tells me he is too lazy to figure it out.

I roll my eyes. I am literally wearing everything different today and he needs to figure it out? Oh brother! Literally

"You're driving me to school today!" Caleb screams at me as he walks out the door.

I roll my eyes and look at my parents. They nod and I groan.

I wonder, do they remember my birthday? I think so . They should. But I decide to shake it off my shoulder anyways.

Caleb and I quickly get into the car and I drive off. Maybe someone at school will remember. Maybe Tobias will remember. He has never forgotten my birthday. NEVER.

Soon we reach school and I give the Caleb's car keys to him and run off to my locker.

I see Tobias already there. I smile and pounce onto him. He doesn't fall or anything. Just moves slightly.

"That's how light you are. And how anticipated that was." He says. Making me frown.

"Well you can give me a piggy bank ride to class!" I excitedly say. He laughs and gives me a nod.

"You might wanna get your stuff from your locker first." He informs. I smile embarrassed and he lets go off me. I fall on my feet and get my stuff out. I jump back on his back.

"Mush! I think that's how they do it." I shout. He smiles and starts to run to class. I laugh at how fast he is and the blur all around me. 

The blur stops and defined images fill the world around me. I smile and get off his back. Our fingers intertwine and we walk into class.

I give him a short kiss on the lips. "That was fun." I say smiling. He smiles back and replies, "I'm not doing it again." I frown and he then laughs. I roll my eyes and we sit at our usual seats which are beside Zeke and Christina.

I didn't frown because he wasn't going to do it again. It was because he forgot my birthday. For the first time.

The whole school day passes by slowly and finally the bell rings. It been all day ans no one remembered my birthday. Maybe they're stressed.

"Triiiiis!" I hear Christina's voice getting louder. Soon, she's beside me and forcing me to go shopping with her and the rest.

I reluctantly agree. They all hop into Caleb's car and Caleb drives us home.