Chapter 35 Clarissa's POV

"Jeanine Matthews. She claimed to be his first divorced wife. She showed the divorce papers and then signed these papers that officially state that the full amount is paid and he is free to get out of jail tomorrow." The same policeman says handing papers to mum. But I take it away from her before she could even take it from his hand. I hear Marcus smirk. I bet he's happy but if he lays even one finger on them I will report him, kill him and make him suffer.

I stare at it and read it aloud. Jeanine Matthews? Is she really Marcus's first divorced wife? Why do I not know about this!

"How come I don't know who Jeanine Matthews is?" I ask in a stern 'scary' voice. I look over at Tobias,Jack and Max who stare back at me. They know about it!

I turn to see Tris's family staring at my family and the policeman.

"You're the second wife!" Tris exclaims.

"Oh no. Oh no. That means Ms Matthews from school is... is..." She stops there unable to continue. Too shocked to think. All she could do is stare blankly at Tobias.

"I thought we are dating!" She screams at Tobias.

"Yes we are! It's just that. I thought that it would be better if I told you another time. I'm not really secure about that topic." He replies and looks away. Tris walks towards him and sits beside him. She hugs him tightly and I can see her eyes getting glassier by the second.

"I'm sorry Tobias." She whispers in his ear. Too bad I'm too close to hear it all. He tells her its okay and she juat buries her face in his chest. Staying like that for the rest of the time.

"Wait a minute! So you're saying that the teacher in our school is my step mother! And I don't know about it!" I scream and I look at Marcus.

"That's why you can come and live with me when I get released tomorrow." He says. He smiles disgustingly. I roll my eyes and reply back,

"Yeah, like I'll ever want to live with someone whom I hate and hurts my family." Oh no, I've said it all. He'll start abusing me too. He'll abuse them more.

He stares  into my soul. I look away and slouch into the sofa. I don't care anymore.

"I'm going to my room." I say and walk into it. I open the secret door and turn in the fan. I sit with my sort toys like I did when we were playing hide and seek, except this time I'm not hiding with it.

Why do I have such a crappy life! Why can't I be like a normal kid! Living their life with almost no worries! Enjoying their childhood! I scream im my 'room' and start sobbing. I take out a soft toy that Marcus had given me when his court case was going on.

It's a dinosaur. Patch of skin green at his belly and purple all over the reat of him. Yeap, it's barney. That is the only barney thing I had ever hated and still do.