Chapter 61 Tris's POV

My alarm clock rings and I switch it off. I carefully place Coco on her bed and lazily get out off bed.

I shower and basically get ready for school. I wear tight light blue pants and a light blue shirt that I ordered online. It has #dashnerarmy on it okay. No joke.

I wear white converses and tie my hair in a braid. The school announced during recess something weird is going to happen today.

So just in case there's going to be a reaping I decide to tie the braid. They said not to wear skirts and dresses today so I couldn't even dress like Katniss.

I skip breakfast,  even though it's my favourite blueberry muffin.

"At least grab one!" My mother shouts from the kitchen. No. I won't eat breakfast and I will not pretend to be happy like nothing happened at all.

I hop in my car and drive off. The song Good Life by One Republic goes on the radio. I immediately switch it off and drive silently to school.

I park my car and go to my locker. The whole gang surrounds it. Please don't tell me Al told them something in my book.

"Heey! You're okay!" Zeke shouts. He passes Uriah ten dollars. What's happening. And Zeke, I am not okay.

"Uhh, what's happening?" I ask them confused and not in the mood to talk.

"Everybod had called you at least a hundred times and you still didn't pick up! We thought you were dead or something. Anything happen?" Christina blabbers.

"Everything has happened," I mumble to myself. They look at me with an I eyebrow raised.

"Nothing has happened," I lie to them. They believe it and talk. I look around and find everyone else looking so gloomy.

"Uhh guys, why is everyone so...gloomy and sad?" I ask them. They smirk and look back at me.

"Caz it's that time of the year," Lynn says. Well I don't know what that means!

"What time of the year?" Curiosity takes over me. My brain demands an answer.

"The time of the year when you find out why they call me Four," Tobias says and he walks off. Everyone else walks away to their own lockers and leave for class.

Leaving me standing there. Curious, confused and excited. I still didn't get an answer though. Suddenly, I forget about my book. All I want to do is find out why they call him Four.

School starts and today everyone is to gather at the school hall. The principal comes centre stage and sits on the edge of it.

"Good morning school," she greets using the microphone all smiles. Everyone is fidgety and don't greet back. It is the reaping.

"As you all know, well most of you anyways," she says searching for me but soon continues, "It's fear landscape day!" She shouts excitedly into the microphone.

Ouch, my ear. Wait, what does she mean by fear landscape? What the klunk is that? This school is weird.

"Face your worst fears and try to conquer them," she says. Wait what. I did not see this coming. Well at least it's better than The Hunger Games.

"At the end of it, we all will put your timing to get out of the simulation and the amount of fears you have," she announces.

Wait, so I will be put under a simulation to face my worst fears and at the end of it they'll put my timing and the amount of fears I have on a score board for the whole school to see.

How nice. Note the sarcastic tone.

"We shall start right about... now," she says. A teacher calls out a boy and a girl's name. They stand up and follow them backstage.

One by one people's name have been called. Soon, only I am left when they call Tobias' s name. I wish him good luck and he disappears into the shadows.

"Save the best for the last," the principal says taking my hand. I don't accept it and stand by my own. She follows me to a room.

It's big and black and dark. There's a table and a few teachers are sitting on chairs. In tbe centre, there's a chair. Miss Tori comes to me and injects me with a weird liquid.

I sit on the chair as they tell me what to do. "Good luck Tris," I hear Tori say and I fall into a black abyss.

I pass a few fears either easily or with difficulty. I didn't count but I should be easily on my tenth fear now.

I'm in the middle of a room. Al's on a stage reading things from my book. But the words hardly make any sense. People start laughing and pointing at me. I cry and scream. I fall to my knees in a matter of seconds and break into a full out sob.

My friends betrayed me and even did Tobias. The teachers aren't helping me but instead laughing along. A rage of emotions flow through me. Anger, frustration, betrayal, sadness, stupidity, embarrassment, disappointment and even, I feel like laughing.

Why do I feel so betrayed by a bunch of people who judge me by a book?

Everyone's staring at me, engulfing me in their judgement. I remember suddenly,  what Tori had said to me.

I need to keep my heartbeat low, or try to make the situation worse. I get up and wipe my tears and focus on my breathing. But, the hurtful words and insane laughs can't get blocked out of my ears.

My next solution is to make it worse.

"Hey! Give it back!" I snatch the book from Al and kick him. He falls on the floor. His face twisted in anger and red.

I take my book and start reading it.

I jolt up from my chair and immediately I can feel the perspiration dripping on the sides of my head. They tell me to leave and I do. I stumble my way out.

It feels like an eternity since the last time I entered the room. I make my way to class but take ages as my knees don't allow me to. They shake and shiver and I can't stand properly.

I make it to class though. Weird. I sit down in a corner of the class and tge the teacher begins the lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! New chapter! Hope you like it! So I changed the fear on uhmm I'm not gonna type it. I can't update anymore as I'm going somewhere. Bye!

See yah! <4