Chapter 41 Evelyn's POV

"Let go!" I yell as I release my hand from his powerful grip.

"Listen, it's either you shut up and do as I say or you can get beaten even more than I already am." He threatens. I sigh in defeat and continue walking with him towards a cement cell.

Oh no no no. I am claustrophobic. Marcus used to lock me up in a cupboard immediately after Tobias did and that my friends is how I gained this fear.

He throws me into the cell and locks the door. "I'll be back!" He yells from the other side of the door.

The room is small and there is a door which I assume leads to the toilet. In front of me there is are two thin mattresses and on one mattress lies...Clarissa!

I run towards her and hold her head in my arms.

"Mom, where are we?" She asks stretching like she just awoke from a sleep.

"Marcus kidnapped us and took us to this weird cell and I don't know where it is." I try to hold back my tears. If I lose hope then Clarissa will lose hope.

"You can cry if you want." She says. I immediately burst out into tears. Shesits on my lap and hugs me;trying to give me comfort.

"I bet they're already trying to find us." She states. I smile.

"I hope." She whispers to herself and that's all it takes for that smile to dissappear.

We break from the hug and I feel the room closing on me. Mu breating fastens and I'm staring at the wall. At that exact moment Marcus comes in.

That's all it takes for me to forget about my fear. But then, a new one arouses.

I hear the familiar sound of a belt being taken out from its loops. Then someone appears from behind him. It's Jeanine.

This is not good. When you have Marcus and Jeanine together in a sentence then that sentence will become 'Jeanine and Marcus will kill you'.

Marcus starts whipping the belt on my back and I can feel the skin slowly tear and the blood coming out from me. Then they start kicking me. They kick me in the ribs and stomach and I feel every single inch of my body go numb slowly.

Soon my whole vision is being blurred by dots and soon I see only black.

Marcus's  POV

That stupid idiot passed out or at least I think she did. I watch as Clarissa stares at her in horror. I smirk.

"Your turn is coming soon." And she stares at me blankly like deep in thought. I smirk and walk off with Jeanine.

"I hope she's dead." She says. I laugh.

"I hope too."

"And next will be that stupid spoilt girl. And soon the whole family will be dead." She laughs evily while looking ahead, probably imaging them dieing right in front of her eyes."