Chapter 7:

~Riley's POV~

I lean against my door, just clutching his jacket. It reeks of his scent, not in a bad way though. Peter's scent is actually very comforting to me. I feel safe whenever I smell it. His scent was actually the strongest smell I could detect when I was returned back home from being taken.

Eventually I leave the door and make my way to my room. I slowly peel off my clothes and get ready for bed. One thought can't seem to leave my mind though. He asked me how long I have been back. I lied to him. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. Truth is I have been home for about a week now.

Cap broke us all out, ever since then I have been hiding out here. After sitting in that prison for months my mind went back to the memories of being taken. I remember the beatings, the torture, the injection, everything. There is no way I was letting Peter see me like that.

      The room is dark and cold. The only sounds I can hear is the dripping of water and my own breathing. Suddenly I feel this intense stinging sensation on my back. I couldn't help but scream out in pain. "Turn!"they shouted. Strike after strike nothing they want happens.

After what feels like eternity my body just goes numb. The only thing I can feel is my blood trickling down my back. "We are done for now." The release their grasp on my wrist, I let out a sigh as my body crumbles to the ground. I didn't have the strength to hold myself up any longer. At this point death would be a sweet, sweet relief. Unfortunately that relief never came.

The sound of my alarm pulls me back to reality. Then I realized that I never changed my alarm back to its original time. Shit, Peter will be here-"knock,knock" now. As fast as I can I race to the door and let him in. "Really? Shorts and a t-shirt? Won't you be cold?" "These are my pajamas Peter." I hear him laugh a little. "Hurry or we will miss the train." I rush and grab some ripped jeans and a oversized knitted sweater. I swiftly brush my teeth, grab my backpack and books then we rush out the door.

       We are out of breath by the time we reach the train. "Damn I knew you were fast but have you ever heard of slowing it down. Not everyone has wolf speed."says petter as he gasps for air. I laugh at him as he tightly hips the poll. He pulls out his phone and a slightly disappointed look falls on his face.

      "What's wrong?"I ask standing closer to him. "Happy hasn't sent me anything about another mission." "Who's Happy?" "Mr.Starks assistant or whatever." Suddenly we make a turn and I lose my balance making me fall into Peter's chest. Thankfully he catches me. His warm brown look down on me in a caring manner. "Thanks." I say breathlessly. "No problem."

After a while the train ride comes to an end and we start walking through the school yard. I hear this Revving engine of a car and my hair stands on end. "Peter look out!" I run up and grab his arm pulling him to the sidewalk. "Sup penis Parker!"shouts flash. Dick. "Thanks."he says slightly breathless. I chuckle a little and usher him in.

The hours are very crowded, kids are talking, flying weird things,walking around. Being gone so long I almost forgot about all the hustle and bustle. We stop at peters locker and Neds goofy voice makes itself present. Honestly I just tone it out and look around. "Riley are you okay?"asks Peter as he places a hand on my shoulder. "What? Yeah yeah I'm fine." He gives me a weak smile and we start to walk to class.

As we walk Ned continues to talk about his new LEGO Death Star. Suddenly Peter stops dead in his tracks and stairs directly in front of us. There she was, Liz Allen. The person Peter has had a huge crush on. The person I basically have despised since I met her. She has everything, money, popularity, she's smart and beautiful, but what is a really kick in the gut is she has Peter. I wouldn't care about the other stuff if she didn't have him in her clutches. She glances our way, right at Peter and he smiles. Sadness and annoyance fill me and I just roll my eyes. "Are you sure you're okay Rye?"he ask. "Yeah I'm fine." I snap a little. "I'm going to class, see you guys later." With that I leave them standing there in the hall.