Pieces in a Puzzle

Sonic looked around. The department of travel  told him not to go back behind enemy lines. So much in fact that they said it was illegal for him too. That didn't stop him though. There were plenty of curropt travel agents and business men that would take some cash for passage onto the enemy lines. He had to get there. Tails was there. Sonic ended up not telling anyone that Tails was Dead. He figured Tails didn't really like that life anyway and if people found out ,there was nothing they could do about it. Sonic bounced up and down in the truck. The man taking him knew the border like the back of his hand. Sonic hoped so, because it isn't easy to pay a thousand dollars and just get caught. It was pitch dark out. The truck sped across the soft ground. They came up to a large fence that seemed to have been taken over by the wilderness. Sonic read the sign.
Keep out!
All Outruders will be shot on sight.
Sonic got out of the truck. He looked around for any military men walking about. The border had few security personnel. The border was very hot and muggy. Anyone who crossed had a fifty fifty chance of survival. That didn't matter to Sonic though. He was going to find Tails. Sonic listened as the truck sped off, probably going to get his next victim that would pay him a huge expensive fee. Sonic walked over cautiously. Nothing happened. He laughed and continued walking. From here he had at least ten miles. Well at least that's what the truck driver said. Sonic observed the landscape. Tons and tons of rolling grass hills. Most of the grass dead from the scorching heat that would burn them. Lucky for Sonic it was night time. The problem with that though was it was damn near freezing. He shivered as he looked. He was going to get Tails back. He had to. He heard another truck, this one much more louder. He ducked down in the sand. The sound got louder and eventually came to a stop. No one really saw much of what happened across the border. The terrorist group never aloud visitors to their side and if you did you were never really heard of again. Sonic heard a man yell and the sound of a wip. Sonic peeked up looking towards one of the most gruesome sights he had ever seen. Men and woman, some children, in shakels being directed towards a hill. Sonic wasn't sure what they were doing all the way out here and so close to the border. Sonic observed closely. One of the soldiers began unshakeling them. One by One. The other soldiers laughed. This was a form of torture. He could tell. The soldier got to the last person and rose. He walked back over to the truck. The people stood their knowing this was probably the last time they would see this god forsaken world. A mother and her two kids were standing close. A father and his son to the right of them and so many more. There had to have been at least twenty five maybe thirty of them. The man shouted. "Your free to go." All the people knew they weren't going to make it. Sonic looked at them confused. "why aren't they running away." A couple of men began running. Sonic heard gunshots and the soldiers laughing. The men that were running fell to the ground in pools of blood. The children began crying. Mother's held them close. Sonic had to do something. He had to. Innocent lives were at stake. He was about to get up when rounds of gunshots flew through the air. The bodies fell one by one. Woman, children, father's, mother's, families. All massacured for what? The sun beginning to shine over the horizon shinning the ground, tainted with the blood of innocent civilians. Many of whom knew what was coming. They accepted it. Most of the families still held hands the blood and sand slowly covering the bodies. They would be forgotten. No one would remember what happened to these people. Sonic would remember. It was like an imprint on his mind. The truck sped off with the soldiers laughing like they actually enjoyed taking the lives away of people who did nothing to hurt society. He walked over to all the fallen bodies. He felt sick. Each body covered in holes of blood. He noticed a woman holding something. "No." He went to the side and puked. This is now how the world was suppose to work. He got back up.  Sonic went back over to the woman. Her eyes still open from the shock of what happened. He slowly closed her eyes. Her baby still in her hands. Sonic was going to put an end to this. He had to. Wherever Tails was....he needed to find him now.