A Bitter Ending

(Thought I'd remind you guys that there are a few chapters to go! Enjoy!)

Tails limped towards the computer. He had to shut it down. He must. He took one hand and pushed himself. Again, again, and again until he hit the desk. He hoisted himself up. His other hand over the wound. The glove stained red. He looked at all the warning symbols on the computer. He pushed them aside. "Tails! TAILS!" Sonics voice shouted. "Over hear Sonic!" Tails yelled. He looked back at the computer. He tried shutting it down. "Damn it!" Tails slammed his fist on the desk. "Tails?.....Tails!" Sonic yelled coming out of the fog towards the fox. Tails gave Sonic a huge hug. "I can't stop it Sonic.....not without the shutdown password from Grace." Tails began to cry in the hedgehogs shoulder. Sonic held the fox. "It's okay Tails. You did what you could do." Tails watched as the nuke began to countdown on the computer. 5 minutes was all they had left. Only five. Tails tried thinking of something he could do, anything. He came up blank. If they only had more time. Wait Grace knew the password to shut it down. God what did she say it was! He watched as the blood drops dripped down his hand. He lost his footing, and stumbled to the ground. Sonic quickly caught the fox and gently sat on the ground with him. "Whats wrong Tails?" Tails removed his hand from the bullet wound in his abdomen. Sonic looked down and began to cry. "It's okay Tails, we can fix this. I'll just run you to the nearest hospital, yah thats it." Tails reached in his pocket. "Sonic, there is no time. Even if we do get to the nearest hospital the nuke will have gone off and the whole world will be in panic and, soon after, the world will be destroyed by the most gruesome weapons known to any man or mobian." Tails pulled the emerald out of his pocket. He managed to grab it right out of Eggmans hands before the Doctor had fled to the nearest exit. Sonic's eyes got wide. "How did you manage to get that from Eggman?" Sonic said. Tails grinned, his eyes beginning to feel heavy. "Lets just say I had your speed." Sonic smiled rubbing his hand along the fox's face. The fox he loved so much, the fox he wanted to spend the last few moments of life with, the fox that he cared so deeply for. "Sonic....." Tails said realizing he was getting tired. "I love you." A tear fell down the hedgehogs face landing upon the green emerald that shone brightly. "I love you more Tails." Tails smiled. he began to close his eyes. eyes that would never open again in this world. "c'mon Tails, stay with me." Sonic begged. Tails closed his eyes, sleep to soon overcome him. Tails began to sing a tune. A tune Sonic knew all to well. They sang it together with compassion and love.

"What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright head's underwater
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind 'cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every move
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm, and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head, for you, My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind 'cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all, all of you
Give me all of your cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard 'cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you"

Tails reached his hand up and ran it along his hedgehogs face. "I will always love you Sonic." Tails hand fell down resting on his chest. His breathing coming to a stop. Sonic held his fox in his arms. It wasn't fair. They had come so far. It couldn't end like this. It couldn't. Sonic cried. Tears of a broken heart. Tears of love. Tears.....of sorrow, sorrow that ran so deep the ground shook. Sonic looked up. The emerald began to glow. He watched as the glow grew, brighter...brighter....even brighter. Sonic shielded his eyes before a burst of green light enveloped him......