Chapter 1 (Picture of Winnie)

Winnie's POV

"Winnie, Winnie! Guess what?" Nick called as he shook me and I groaned.

"Can I guess later? I'm trying to sleep, asshole," I grumbled as rolled over closing my eyes. My eyes shot back open and I shot up. "Did something happen to my food?"

"No, it has nothing to do with your precious food," he said sarcastically and I glared at him.

"Then leave me alone," I said and laid back down pulling the duvet over my head.

"Nope, because there's someone coming to adopt," he said excitedly tugging at my cover.

"What?" I asked shocked as I sat up.

"Yeah, let's go," he said yanking my arm, which resulted with me falling on the floor. "Come on, get up." He grabbed my forearm pulling me up.

"Where?" I asked trying to pull from his death grip on my arm.

"To your closet, you gotta get ready," he replied as he pushed me towards my closet. I stuck my hand out to keep from hitting the wall, I turned back to him.

"Nick, aren't you scared we're going to be separated?" I asked and he smiled slightly.

"You never know, maybe they'll adopt us both," he attempted to assure me, but it didn't make me feel any better. "Worth a try, but you have to get dressed either way." He punched my arm playfully.

"You better be glad I love you," I replied lazily and he smiled.

"Oh please, with a face like this, who wouldn't love me?" he said cocky and I shoved his shoulder making him laugh. He winked at me before he turned and walked out.

I took a deep breath looking at my closet and finally hunted for an outfit.

I was finishing up fixing my hair with my hat when I heard him

"Hey, Winnie the Pooh!" Jake called laughing. Jake was another orphan that was thrown in here and well, his life mission was to mess with mine.

I rolled my eyes attempting to ignore him, but I have a low tolerance for bullshit so it's not easy.

"Why waste your time getting dressed?" he taunted. "You don't actually believe you or Nick actually have a chance to get adopted, do you?" My head shot up at the mention of Nick's name and I shot him a look. My look is pretty deadly, only if I could actually kill people with it.

He disappeared down the hall way laughing with his two goons following behind him.

"Winnie, get down here!" Mrs. Farmer yelled and I verbally groaned. Can a girl just get peace around here?

I walked out of my room and headed for the stairs. "Calm your tits, Farmer," I replied as I walked down two at a time. "I was just getting dressed, since it's apparently wrong to walked around in a bra."