•Found•

Raegan's pov:

"Mom, can Kale and I go back into the woods?" I ask my mother standing at the back door with Kale, eager to get outside.

"It's all wet out from the rain." She yells from the sitting room.

"We will be careful. Please?" I squint my eyes and scrunch my nose waiting for her answer.

"Okay, just be careful." My face lights up and I look at Kale. He's smiling.

"Thanks mom. Bye!" I yell as Kale and I run out the screen door into my backyard.

"Let's go far back." I say as we walk into the thick trees. The grass is tall and trees make up most of the area.

"I don't want to get lost." Kale says as we walk further and further more into the forest.

"We won't. Oh!" I turn around to face him.

"What?" He asks.

"Let's play tag!"

"What are we ten?" He laughs and he keep walking deeper.

"No." I catch up to him. "Come on it'll be fun. The little noises and creatures makes it creepier."

Kale and I are the type of teenagers that like to be outside. Not like normal teenagers I know. We don't play video games or play on our phones twenty four seven. Outside is where we belong.

"You chase me first." I say. "Count to ten so I can get a head start."

"Fine." He says back. "One..." He starts.

I run quickly through the trees and smiling at myself. Kale is my best friend and I love being with him.

"I'm coming bitch!" I hear him yell. I run faster going all different ways through the grass and trees. I start become out of breath.

I suddenly stop to catch my breath and I hear quietly sobbing. I stay at quiet as possible walking slowly near the noise. I look around and come across a small boy sitting against a big tree. His knees against his chest and he's making the sobbing noise. His clothes are wet as well as his hair. What the hell?

"Got you!" I jump at Kale jumping on my back. I push him off so the boy doesn't get startled.

"Shh." I say. The small boy hasn't noticed me until now. I stare at him as he looks up into his eyes. The fear in his eyes makes me scared.

"What the fuck?" Kale whispers to me.

"Don't move." I say to Kale. I step closer to the boy and I see him tense up and start crying again. He actually stopped for a minute until now.

"Don't go near him Rae." Kale yells. The boy jumps.

"Shh don't be so loud." I say. I get closer and closer and kneel in front of him. He watches my every move with heavy tears in his eyes.

"We aren't going to hurt you." I say to him. He's shivering from his wet clothes. It rained hours ago, he's been out here this long. He just stares at me and moves away from me a little.

"Rae what are you going to do?" Kale asks me. I just watch the boy with soft eyes even though I'm kind of terrified right now.

"Go get my mom Kale." I say still looking at the boy. His eyes widen and he shakes his head frantically. His eyes are such a vibrant green, they glow.

"Why can't I have my mom come? She'll help you." I say to the boy. He shakes his head again and moves the few hairs from his forehead.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" I ask still kneeling in front of him. He looks away from me and once again shakes his head no. I sit down, my legs criss crossed.

"Raegan." Kale whispers. I look back at him.

"What?"

"We should go." He jerks his head back the way of my house.

"And just leave him here? No." I say. "Just stay put for a minute. Okay?" I turn back to the boy.

"My name is Raegan." I smile slightly.

Oooo I'm exited 😂 hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. Vote and comment if you did ❤️