•Risk•

Raegan's pov:

Justin and I get up early the next morning. I take upstairs some cereal for us to eat. It's early, eight o'clock. I think I have a plan but I haven't told Justin yet.

"Justin?" He looks up from his cereal at me.

"Yeah?"

"I don't think we have to choice on what to do." I say.

"What do you mean?" He asks looking confused.

"I think you'll need to go back into the woods while they are here. You can't be in this house at all, it's risky." I say.

"B-but what about what happened last time? What if they find me."

"They will be here." I say.

"There are more then just two people Raegan. Especially looking for me." He finishes his cereal and I take it, putting both of our bowls on my nightstand.

"So what do we do? You can't be in the house." I say.

"Do you have any secret places in your house?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No." We stay silent for a few minutes. Then he looks at me.

"I think we need to risk you staying in the woods then possibly getting caught in my house." I say.

"B-but-"

"Justin." I cut him off. "It's our only choice." He swallows hard and nods.

"I guess." He whispers. I scoot closer to him and sneak my arm around his waist.

"I would never let anyone hurt you Justin. You need to trust me." I say.

"I do trust you." He says following my sentence. He looks down and reaches for my hand. He squeezes it and leans his head on my shoulder.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you more." I say. He glances up at me.

"No." He smiles and shakes his head a little. 

"Yes I do." I tilt my head and peck his lips. His cheeks turn pink and he puts his head back on my shoulder.

I hear a car pull into my driveway. I quickly get up, taking Justin by surprise. I look out my window making sure no one can see me. Fuck! It's them.

"Justin we need to go now." I say to him. We need to get outside before they ring the doorbell and my mom comes out of her room. Good thing we are already dressed.

"What?"

"They are here." I say quickly. "Put your shoes on, we need to get outside quick." He doesn't ask anymore questions and stands up at quickly slip his old, warn out shoes. They will work for now.

I take his hand and run down the hall and down the stairs. Going down the stairs I tried to be quite but I don't know if I really did. We make it to the back door and I bring him outside. I run to the entrance of the woods and he yanks his hand off of mine.

"Raegan don't do this." He says, his eyes filling with tears. I can hear from out here they just rang the doorbell.

"Justin I'm sorry but you need to stay here just until they leave. Okay?" He nods his head and grabs my neck gently to kiss me.

"You know I love you, I would never put you in danger." I say.

"I love you too." He says wiping his face.

"I'll be back I promise. Just go and hurry." I say quickly wanting to keep him safe.

"Ok." He nods and starts running into the woods. I race to get back on the deck and through the back door. I open the refrigerator and pretend I was getting something to eat.

"Raegan? Oh- there you are." She comes into the kitchen with the two men behind her.

"Hey." I say quietly.

"Make sure you stay down here while they go upstairs to your room and investigate." My mom says.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and close the refrigerator. I watch as the two men make their way upstairs and my mom stays down here with me.

Before I walk out of the kitchen, I look out the back door. At the woods. I see no one. He must have ran far. I'm nervous. What if someone found him? What if he's hurt? What if he's scared and runs away or-

"Baby?" I turn around to look at my mom. "Are you alright?" I walk over to her and nod.

"I'm fine." She takes a deep breathe before hugging me.

"It'll he fine honey. I trust you." She rubs my back. Dammit that made me feel like shit.

After maybe twenty minutes, I hear the creaking of the stairs. My eyes dart up and see one of the men holding a shirt.

"Raegan? What is this?" The man asks showing me the T-shirt. Oh no. That's Justin's shirt that he doesn't wear anymore. He wears my hoodie. I feel myself starting to sweat a little.

"It's one of my shirts." I say. He looks at me weird.

"This is a size small. Not to sound rude but I don't think you are a size small." He says.

"I-it's one of my old shirts." I say. My mom looks at me.

"I've never bought you a size small shirt Raegan." She crosses her arms. "Is there something you would like to tell us?"

"What? No." I say. "This is stupid. That's my shirt."

"What about this?" He turns the shirt around and there are big holes in it. It's also very dirty.

"Listen, I went camping with this shirt when I was little." I say quickly taking it from his hands.

"Come on." The man says trying to sound as polite as possible.

"No you come on. This is bullshit! This proves nothing, I never had another boy in this house!" I say loudly. It's silent for a few seconds.

"I think we are done here." The man fixes his posture. The man behind him just stands there and doesn't say anything.

"Good. Bye." I say annoyed. My mom hits my arm.

"Thank you gentlemen." My mom politely says to them. The man in front glances at me one more time before they both walk out. My mom closes the door.

"I'll be upstairs." She says. "Be good."

She walks up the stairs and my brain clicks. Justin!

Hope you allllll enjoyed. Every single one of you :)) comment and vote. Tell me if you like this book or if it's boring.