•Protect•

Raegan's pov:

As my body jolts up from a heavy sleep the next morning, tears fill my eyes. My baby, he's downstairs  by himself thinking that I can't protect him. That I can't promise what I want and did promise.

Yes I have school, but I purposely woke up earlier than normal so I can talk to him. I need to talk to him. I quickly get out of bed and throw on some shorts with a shirt. I leave my room and go downstairs, just to see my mom eating breakfast.

"Morning baby. Where is Justin?" She asks.

"In the basement." I say trying to walk away.

"Why?" She stops me. "I thought he always slept in your room."

"Not now mom. It's fine." I go quickly to the basement door and open it, going down the steep stairs. Once I'm in sight of the whole room, I see him.

He's laying on the couch with a blanket that was already down here. He hasn't seen me yet but he seems to be shaking. He's looking into space and I know just notice his tear stained face.

"Justin?" I ask. He sees me and I walk down the few more stairs to the floors

"H-hi." He stutters.

"Are you alright?" I ask making sure not to get close to him. I'm not scaring him ever again.

"I didn't sleep at all." He says quietly. "I-I'm sorry for last night and for everything." He gives me puppy dog eyes.

"You don't need to be sorry." I say still standing a little distance away from him.

"Come here." He whispers, taking his arms out from under the blanket. He opens them a bit and I walk to sit next to him. I hug him and he squeezes my taller body.

"It's okay Justin. You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Yes I do." He lets go and leans back against the arm rest.

"No you really don't." I say which makes him make direct we contact with me. "Let me tell you something." I grab his hand and pull him up to face me again. He nods slowly.

"You are the only boy I've ever liked. The only boy I've ever loved. If I didn't want to take you to my house that day I found you, I wouldn't of. But I did because I saw something in your eyes. I knew you were a good person and I knew there was something different about you. There something is definitely different with you but I mean in a different way. You are special. You have trust issues and that's totally understandable. But you have no idea how happy you've makes me these past weeks. I'm so glad you trust me now. You have no idea how glad I am for finding you. I will always love you Justin." I squeeze his hand tightly. He keeps eye contact with me and my eyes get a thin layer of tears.

"And you, you are always home here. You're not leaving me until it come to the point where you really really need to. I will protect you and keep you safe no matter what the case is. And I know you are scared I will break my promise. But if you ever get taken away from me, I will stop at nothing to get you back...I promise." I bite down on my bottom lip to stop me from bursting into tears. Justin lifts his arms and wraps them around my neck. I smile.

As we stay hugging, I feel his body shake against mine and the sound of slight crying. I pull him so he's sitting on my lap. He keeps his body as close to mine as possible.

"Shh it's okay." I rub his back gently and burry my head in his shoulder. "I love you."

"I l-love you too." He stutters still crying silently.

"Y-you mean all of that?" He asks.

"Of course I do." I say. He pulls his head away from my shoulder and I now see how much a mess he is. His face is bright red and wet from tears.

"I feel like I'm putting you in danger having you protect me from everyone." Tears don't stop running down his face. He's so upset.

"No of course you aren't." I say to him. "You know I'll do anything to keep you safe." He nods and kisses my lips gently before smiling.

"Raegan?" I look to see my mom coming down the stairs. Justin gets off my lap but stays close beside me. "You have school, come on." She jerks her head. I shake my head once I feel Justin trembling beside me.

"Mom, please can I stay home?" I ask.

"For what?" She asks. I glance at Justin and she sees.

"Raegan I don't know-"

"He's upset and scared mom." I start. "Please, I can't leave him all alone today. He needs someone." He squeezes my arm when I finish. I look over and he smiles a little.

"Okay, but just today." She says which makes me look and smile at her.

"Thank you mom. I'll text you later." She nods and walks upstairs.

"Thank god you aren't leaving." He nuzzles his head into my side and wraps his arms around me. I rub his side slowly with my hand and smile.

"You know that if I do ever get taken away from you, it's not your fault right?" He asks looking up at me.

"Shh shh." I run my fingers through his soft, brown hair. "Let's not talk about that." He nods, also not wanting to probably talk about it.

"Lets go up to my room." We both get up and take his hand as we go upstairs. Once we get in my room, I shut the door and watch Justin sit against the wall. I go and sit next to him.

"Thank you for saying all of that about me." He whispers smiling over at me.

"I was just saying the truth baby." I lean forward to lean my forehead on his. His cheeks get pink.

"I want this to be my home forever." He says randomly.

"This is your home baby. It's all yours."

I know these last few chapters have been just talking but I feel like they were needed. Really hope you enjoyed this sad but also cute shit :) vote? Comment? 😌💜