•Call•

Raegan's pov;

Once I heard my moms bedroom door shut, I raced out the back door. I ran off the deck and make it to the entrance of the woods. I don't hesitate before walking faster then normal. I look around and once I get deeper in, I yell his name.

"Justin!?" I yell. I keep walking and looking in every direction. My heart is beating out of my chest. If he's not here, I don't know what I'll do.

"Justin it's Raegan!" As I yell that, I look forwards to see what looks like a sitting figure against a tree. I get closer but they don't see me. I realize now they are sobbing.

"Justin?" His head shoots up and it is him. It is Justin.

"Raegan." He cries. I quickly go over and see him, his eyes red and puffy from crying. He's holding his left ankle and rocking back and forth.

"Justin what happened?" I ask. He makes eye contact with me.

"As I was r-running, I tripped over a branch and hurt my ankle. It h-hurts Raegan." I get closer to him to make sure he's not scared and tell him he's okay.

"Ok it's okay, can I see?" I ask. He hesitates but nods, pulling his hands away from his ankle. I carefully touch his leg and look at it. His ankle is red and very swollen.

"O-ow!" He leans forward and takes my hands off.

"I'm sorry." I say quickly.

"Did I break it?" He asks, tears still streaming down his face.

"I'm not sure but you'll be okay. Let's get you back to my house." I say standing up. "Can you stand?" I ask.

"No. I already tried." He shakes his head. I lean down and put my arm around his back. My other arm does between his legs. He gets the hint and wraps his arms around my neck. I pick him up bridal style and make sure not to hurt him.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He nods and smiles a little at me.

"Ok." I smile back and start to walk back to my house.

"I'll give you ice as soon we get back. Okay?"

"Ok." He nods again. A few minutes later we get back to where we can see my house. I quickly walk him out of the woods and up the desk. I try my best to be quiet as I open the back door with my elbow. We get inside and I make sure the door closes silently.

"Let me get some-"

"Raegan?" I freeze when my eyes land on my mother standing at the doorway of the kitchen. Justin is still in my arms and he looks terrified once he sees my mom.

"Rae w-who is that?" She asks. Justin tries his best to wiggle out of my grip in fear. He somehow does and he lands on the both his feet. His left leg gives out because of his ankle. I keep my arms around his waist as he starts crying.

"Hey hey it's okay." I say trying to calm him. He sits on my kitchen door and holds his ankle in pain. My mom stares at us in shock. I don't pay attention to her though."

"Shh calm down you're okay." He looks at me as he cries and then he looks at my mom. His breathing is heavy and he looks back at me. I quickly stand up and get an ice pack out of the freezer.

"Raegan what the hell?" My mom asks clearly shocked and angry in a way.

"Mom please just wait." I wrap the ice pack in a paper towel and Justin takes his hands away from his ankle. I put the ice pack on it and he calms down a little.

"Raegan." He whispers to me, his lips quivering and his body shaking. He's scared of everyone but me. He never wanted my mom to find out.

"It's okay, I won't let anything bad happen to you." I whisper back. He takes the ice pack and keeps it on his ankle. I stand up and glance at my mom.

"Is that the boy those officers were talking about? You lied to us Raegan? How long have you been keeping him here?" She asks quickly just wanting answers.

"Mom please I can explain." I say putting my hands out. I don't want her to scare Justin as much as she already has.

"No need to explain." She leaves the room and comes back with her phone in hand. She starts dialing...

"No." Justin says quietly, his voice shaky. He's so scared. I rush to my mom and take the phone out of her hand.

"Raegan stop!"

"Please mom, let me explain. No one can know he's here."

"What do you mean? People are looking for him, he must be lost o-or-"

"It's different." I interrupt her. "Please you can't call the police." I keep her phone in my hand until I can trust her.

"Raegan what is going on? You lied to the officers and me! You are keeping a stranger in his house!?"

"He's not a stranger." I say loudly. "Please leave us alone for a second."

"What if he's dangerous?!" She yells.

"He's not dangerous mom, I promise you. Please I'll tell you everything. Just give us a minute."

She stares at me but then just walks away, going to the sitting room. I kneel down in front of Justin.

"Please make sure she doesn't call." He shakes his head.

"I won't baby, I won't." I whisper. I sit next to him and bring his body against mine in a tight embrace. He doesn't worry about the ice pack on his ankle and squeezes my upper body. I can feel how much is he shaking.

"Please, it's okay. I'll keep you safe." I rub his back gently.

"That was before your mom found out." He says into my chest.

"It doesn't matter. I promised you I would keep you safe no matter what." I say quietly. He bunches my shirt into fists behind my back and I hear the sound of silent sobbing again.

"Please don't cry." I say holding his body close to mine.

"I'm s-sorry." He stutters pulling his head away to look at me. "I got too attached to you Raegan but I never even thought about your feelings or what I was getting you into with me o-or-"

"Justin." I cut him off. I carefully wipe his tears with my thumb. "I wouldn't take back the day I found you for anything in the world."

"Really?"

"Yeah really. And I got attached to you too. I'll keep you safe and make sure you never feel scared if it's the last thing I do." My hand goes from his cheek down to grasp his jaw.

"How is your ankle?" I ask.

"Not important. I'm okay." He says. I nod.

"I love you." He whispers. I smile at him which makes him smile a little.

"I love you too." I say to him. I look up and see my mom walk into the kitchen.

"Umm can we talk now, Rae?" She asks. I look at Justin and he nods. He unwraps his arms from me and brings his knees to his chest, being careful of his ankle. I walk with my mom into the other room.

As promised? I got 20 votes 😂
Cliffhanger because this chapter is already longer than I wanted it to be but I know you all like long chapters so you're welcome :))) Please comment and vote 💗