•Happy•

Raegan's pov:

I tend to think if Justin is in danger. I mean he won't tell me a lot about what's happening. Men are looking for him. What does that mean? He must have run away from something. Was he treated bad? Did bad stuff happen?

Justin sits against the wall while on my bed. I'm against my headboard and he's diagonal of me. I look up from my phone to see him, knees to his chest once again. He's looking forward but also downward at the ground. His face seems to be red.

"Justin are you alright?" I ask him. He very slowly looks up at me and now I see his face is red.

"They can't find me Raegan I'll never be able to escape again." He says softly.

"Listen." I say soothingly and grab his hand. I squeeze his hand because that always seems to calm him down, and worked this time as well. He seems to pay close attention to me.

"Whoever these men are will have to go through me first if they want to take you away. As long as you are in this house, you are safe. I need to find where you came from Justin, I want you to be happy where you belong." I say. "I can't do that if I have no idea what's going on."

"I'm happy here Raegan." He whispers. I smile lightly at him. "I feel like I belong with you. You are the only person who I trust anymore." He adds glancing down at our hands.

"I love having you here Justin I do, but you can't stay with me forever." I say. His grip drastically tightens on my hand.

"I like it here with you. Do I have to leave soon?" He asks.

"That depends if we find where you are supposed to be soon. If not, you're staying with me until we do." I say. He nods, frowning a bit.

"Will you tell me anything?" I ask.

"Not yet." He whispers. "It's a lot and I don't want to think about it."

"That makes sense I guess." I shrug and look down. I hear him yawn quietly.

"Oh." I pick up my head and smile. "Since it's the weekend, my mom won't come in to bother me in the morning. And since you are a little more comfortable with me now, do you want to sleep up here with me?" I ask.

"Oh uhh yeah I can sleep on the floor." He says.

"Or I have plenty of room on my bed." I say. He seems to get the hint.

"Are you comfortable with that?" He asks.

"Sure yeah. Are you?"

"I can try." He smiles. I nod and smile back at him.

"I'm going to change, you get comfortable and I'll be right out." I say getting off my bed. I walk to my bathroom and before I close the door and see Justin getting under my blankets. I close the bathroom door and smile at myself.

I finish changing and walk out of my bathroom. Justin is laying closest to the wall. I do have a queen bed so we'll be fine. He has the blankets up to his neck and he sees me.

"Cold?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head. "Just comfortable."

"Good." I shut my light off and climb into my bed next and stay a good distance away. I look over at Justin after covering myself with blankets. The room is dark so I just see the outline of his face.

"If you feel uncomfortable at any time even during the night, wake me up. Okay?"

"I think I'll be fine, but I will." He says. I turn on my side to face him and just stare at him for a second. He does have great facial features, even in the dim light.

He turns on his side to face me and just looks at me. My left arm is curling up near my chest as my eyes get heavy.

"Goodnight Justin." I say, my eyes closed. They open to a touch on my hand. I watch Justin pull my hand out from into my chest and gently intertwine our fingers. He rests our hands peacefully in the middle of us on the bed. He yawns and closes his eyes.

"Goodnight Rae." A smile tugs at his very plump, pink lips.

I love that he knows he safe with me. I love keeping him safe. I love him being comfortable with me. I'm glad he's happy here, I don't want him to leave ever. But I know one day he will have to, and that day I'm dreading the most about all of this.

What is Justin hiding? Will he ever tell Raegan? 😌❣️Comment and vote if you like this book :)