•Safe•

Raegan's pov:

"Bye Kale." He grabs his stuff and puts on his shoes.

"See you tomorrow at school." I say and he smiles before walking out.

Justin fell sleep during the movie so I left him upstairs while I said bye to Kale. As Kale's car pulls out of my driveway, mom comes down the street. I keep the door open and go back upstairs. I need to make sure my mom doesn't see Justin.

I open my bedroom door and close it behind me quietly. I walk over and see Justin is still sleeping. I sit on my bed next to him and he opens his eyes.

"Sorry did I wake you?" I ask.

"No I was already awake." He smiles. He sits up from my bed and leans his body against mine.

"I like Kale." He whispers taking my hand and smiles.

"I'm glad. I mean, he is my best friend." I say. He nods.

"Raegan?" My mom knocks on my door. Justin looks up at me, his eyes wide.

"Closet?" I whisper to him. He nods and gets up quickly. He goes into my closet and closes the doors.

"Honey?" I walk to the door and unlock it, opening it.

"Hey mom." I smile. She keeps a blank face.

"Can I come in? I think we need to talk." She says.

"Uh yeah I guess." I say walking back to my bed and she comes in. We both sit on my bed.

"You have been acting different." She says. I look at her weird.

"Different how?" I ask.

"You've been locking your door, not eating at the dinner table anymore,...what's going on?" She asks concerned. I wish I could tell her.

"Oh nothing mom." I laugh awkwardly. "I just like my privacy."

"I just.." She starts. "I did want you to feel like you are alone. I'm always here for you." She rubs my back.

"I know." I nod. "I'm perfectly fine, I promise." Little does she know I am perfectly fine because of one person. He makes me happy.

"Ok." She kisses my forehead and smiles.

"I'm making dinner now, I'll come back up when it's ready." She says.

"Ok thanks mom." She gets up from my bed leaving my room. A few seconds after my door shuts, my closet door slowly opens. Justin comes out and smiles at me.

"You're mom is really sweet." He says sitting next to me. I sigh.

"Yeah."

"What's wrong?" He asks. I look over at him and shrug my shoulders.

"My mom has done so much for me. I feel bad, she seems worried about me."

"You don't need to eat up here Raegan, go eat with your mom. I'll stay out of the way a little so you and her can spend some time together."

"No, no." I shake my head. "Don't worry about it." I say softly. He looks down and takes my hand into his. "You're fine the way you are."

"If you are sure." He says. I smile and lean over to connect our lips gently. He lets go of my hand and brings it up at my jaw. We kiss slowly. We both want to take things slow at the moment, even though I really like him. Like I love him.

"Raegan?" He asks pulling away but keeping our faces close.

"Yes love?" I blush looking into his eyes. He smiles a little.

"About all of this..what are we?" He asks. I don't answer and think for a minute.

"I really like you Raegan. You are cute and caring. I can't ever repay you for taking me in." He says quietly. I put my hand on his leg not realizing it was a little higher then expected. He flinches a little but relaxes. He puts his hand on top of mine and smiles.

"I really, really like you too." I say. "You are so adorable and shy but not afraid to talk to me. I've fall for more everyday." I smile back at him.

"So...?" He seems confused.

"I don't know if we should make us official yet. Not that I don't want to, but maybe it's still a little early." I say. He nods.

"My mom doesn't know about you and...I don't know." I shrug. "I just never want you to leave and I want you to know you always have me. Always."

"You make me feel safe and protected." He pulls his forehead away from mine and wraps his arms around my neck, digging his head in my neck. I feel tears in my eyes as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Good, that's all I've ever wanted to make you feel." I say. He squeezes me tighter and we don't let go of each other.

I just wanted to say it. I love you. I was so close. But I really do want to wait. Especially because I just said we should wait until we start dating. But I just want him to know. I do love him.

Eh, it'll get better. Drama next chapter? I think so 😏 Vote and comment pleeeease ❤️