•Scream•

Raegan's pov:

I had no better idea than to make Justin sleep in the basement that night. I wasn't going to put him back in the woods. And my mother can track my phone so if I were to go anywhere with Justin, my mom would find me.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

My body jerks up to two loud knocks on my door. I check my phone quickly to see it's seven o'clock in the morning.

"Mom?" I ask still trying to wake up from my deep sleep. My door opens anyway without an answer and my mom with a police officer comes in. I stand up and look at my mom.

"You really called them?" I ask my mom. She nods and the two officers come over to me, each grabbing one of my arms. They drag me downstairs with my mom behind us. We get down the stairs and they securely hold my arms behind my back as two other officers come in the house. I'm breathing heavy by now, I did not think this through.

"Where is he?" One of them asks. My mom looks at me and I shake my head.

"If he's not in his room, he's downstairs."

"MOM!" I yell trying to pry myself off of the men holding me. The other two men make their way downstairs and I kick and punch trying to get out of their grip. Before I know it, one of them puts handcuffs around my wrists.

"Please stop. Mom don't make them do this, he's not strong enough. He can't make it through all of this and what's going to happen. Please." I beg, tears falling down my face.

"It needed to happen sooner or later, Raegan." She says looking away from me. My heart feels like it's about to explode when I hear Justin's piercing scream from downstairs.

"Mom, make sure they don't hurt him." I say to her as she stands beside me.

"They are just doing their job honey." She says still keeping her eyes away from looking at me.

I stare towards the basement door as the two men come up with Justin in their arms. His face is red and wet from tears. His eyes immediately meet mine.

"Raegan." He cries and I can't help but feel like total shit for letting him down. The men walk out of my house with him and I attempt to run outside after him. The two officers grab me.

"Please just bring me outside. I'll do anything!" I say loudly. They look at my mom and she nods. They take my arms and we walk outside on the porch.

"Wait!" I yell and the two men with Justin stop and turn to me. Justin's breathing heavy and he's pale.

"Can we have a minute alone at least?" I ask. My mom stands in front of me and puts her hands on my cheeks.

"Sweetheart he's leaving for good. I'm sorry."

"Bullshit you're sorry." I say to her. "Please just let me talk to him." I say looking directly at the two men  who are holding Justin.

"No!" My mom yells. "Go, take him."

"Raegan do something please!" Justin yells and I physically feel my heart break into pieces.

"Justin I'm sorry I let you down. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I get you back I promise." I say loudly and he screams at the men telling them to stop. They do and turn to me one more time.

"You said you promised you would protect me. Don't make another promise you won't keep." He says crying his eyes out.

"I'm sorry Justin. I love you, I didn't want this to happen!" I yell.

"Well it did! So stop promising stupid shit!" He yells as everyone gets silent, not moving a muscle.

"You know I never wanted this to happen. You know I love you and you know I care about you more than anyone else." I say. His face makes no emotion as the two officers holding him turn around again, walking to the van.

"Justin!" I yell as I rip out of the two men's grip holding me and run towards Justin. He looks back and I see his eyes turning a darker color. I slow down once I see them turn black.

My body rips backwards and I fall to the ground where my mom is and the two officers. Justin just used his powers on me. I made him angry. I made him do this. I try to stand up but the handcuffs dig into my wrists and my back hurts from the fall.

"Oh my god Raegan! Are you okay?" My mom asks as her and the two officers help me up. I do and I try my best to hide my pain. I look at Justin now to see his eyes back to the vibrant green but stained with tears.

"Raegan! I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know that would happen!" He yells as he continues to kick and scream.

"Get him out is here!" My mom yells. The men bring him to the van and throw him in.

"No! Justin!" I scream, breaking down in tears. I can't lose him. I can't lose him.

"No he doesn't deserve this! He doesn't deserve any of this. Please!" I beg and beg trying to think of something. But I realize I'm too late when I see the van drive off. The two men behind me take the handcuffs off my wrists and walks to their police car.

"Raegan what did he do?" My mom asks. I shake my head not letting her touch me.

"Leave me alone!" I snap as I stand up running up to my bedroom. I lock the door and kick it, falling to the ground.

I'm so stupid. I let him down. I broke my promise. I didn't protect him. I let them take him. Why did I promise that? I'm not strong. I'm just a stupid teenager who doesn't know shit. I need to do something. I will get him back. I promise myself that. I can't break this one.

Hope you enjoyed...🙃