•Shelter•

Raegan's pov:

He stared at me once I told him my name. I turned around and looked at Kale for a second.

"This is my best friend Kale." I say to the boy. He looks up at Kale and then back at me.

"Please, tell me your name." I say quietly. I scoot a little closer to him and reach my hand out. His eyes widen.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help." I smile. He looks at my hand intently and then his bright green eyes come back up to mine.

"J-Justin." He whispers. I could barely hear him.

"Justin. That's a nice name." I say. "Last name?"

He shakes his head which I understand. We don't even know each other.

"Justin why are you out here deep in the woods, your clothes soaked?" I ask.

"Raegan I'm going to go." Kale interrupts.

"No you can't go back to my house. My mom will ask where I am." I look at Kale.

"Then I'll just go back to my house and once you get home say I went home." He shrugs. "Sorry bro this is creeping me out."

"Ok fine. Bye."

"Text me later." He says as the sound of leaves and twigs break under his footsteps. Once he's gone, I look at Justin and see tears in his eyes.

"Please, let me help you. I'll tell my mom and we'll find your parents." I say. God he's not a little kid, but what else can I say?

"No." He shakes his head. He's got to be tired of doing that by now.

"Ok well I'm not just going to leave you out here." I say. He looks at me and sighs.

"No one cares." He whispers.

"I care." He looks at me confused.

"How about this?" I ask getting closer and this time he lets me. "Can I take you back to my house and I'll make sure my mom doesn't see you. We'll start off by going up to my room and Ill give you some dry clothes?" I ask. He just stares for a moment and then points to himself.

"Secret."

"Yeah I won't tell anyone." I say shaking my head this time.

"Promise?" He asks.

"I promise." He nods slowly. I stand up and he looks up at me.

"Do you need help?" I ask. He doesn't answer and stands up on his own. He's very skinny and almost a foot shorter than me.

"Follow me." I can tell he doesn't want to be touched. Something must have freaked this kid out bad.

We walk through the forest in silence. He's walking very slowly so I go with it. Minutes later I see the opening to where my house is. It's just a few meters away.

"Ok Justin." I stop which causes him to stop.

"I'm going to make sure my mom isn't in sight of the path up to my room. Stay here and I'll come back to get you." I say. He nods again slowly. I walk a few feet and then turn around.

"Please don't leave. I'm going to keep you safe." I say to him. I want to help him, I want to keep him safe. I can tell he's been though a lot.

"Okay." It's almost like he mouths it to me. I didn't hear anything, but I know he said it.

I walk up the steps to my back door and open it going inside. No ones in the kitchen. I walk into the sitting room. She's not in here either.

I walk upstairs and go into my room. Empty. I knock on my moms door.

"Mom?"

"Yeah honey?" She asks through the door.

"I'm back and Kale went home."

"Ok thanks for telling me." She says. I walk slowly down the stairs and practically run outside. I calm down once I see Justin, I don't want to scare him anymore.

"Ok the coast is clear." I say. He nods and follows me. I open the back door and he walks in. He immediately starts to look around.

"Come on." I whisper. He follows me up the stairs and I open my bedroom door, him going in first. I go in next and close my door and locking it.

"Ok let me get you some dry clothes." I say as I open my closet. I grab a hoodie and sweatpants so he makes sure to stay warm. I close my closet door and walk up to him.

"Here, these will keep you warm." I smile at him. He carefully takes the clothes from me and nods.

"Thanks." He cracks a little smile. What am I going to do with him?

Wow, I'm actually not hating this 😂 hope you guys aren't either 💜 vote and comment please 😄