•Leave•

Raegan's pov:

I slowly walk back up to my room trying to come up with what to say to Justin. I don't want him to freak out, I will try to protect him as much as I can. I promised I will keep him safe, but now I know I really need to.

I open my bedroom door and see Justin on my laptop. He smiles a little at me as I shut the door. I walk over and see him watching some YouTube videos.

"Hey, you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah. You weren't downstairs long." He says. "Everyone okay?"

"Uh yeah, fine." I say. I really don't want to tell him. He'll get scared. He'll freak out. I don't want that for him.

"Justin." I say suddenly. He keeps his video paused and looks at me.

"What?"

"I need to tell you something."

*knock knock*

A sudden knock at the door interrupts us. Justin didn't get a chance to say anything.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Gabby." I hear faintly.

"Come in." My door opens and Gabby rushes in.

"Raegan I heard what my auntie said to you." She says quickly coming over to me. Shit.

"I was just going to talk to Justin about it, Gab." I say to her. She nods.

"Is Justin-"

"Baby please can I talk to him in private?" I ask her. I stand up taking her to the door. She leaves my room and I shut the door, putting my back against it.

"What's going on Raegan?" Justin asks me now closing my laptop and giving his full attention to me.

"My mom was talking to me downstairs and-" I take a deep breath walking away from the door.

"And what?" He asks.

"Please promise me you won't freak out." I say.

"It's that bad?" He asks.

"Just promise me, Justin." I say serious. "You can't freak out about this, I'll handle it."

"Ok, I promise." He says. I sit next to him and wrap my arm around his waist.

"My mom was telling me how bad it is that you are here illegally." I start. "And she started yelling saying she didn't want you here anymore."

"S-so what's going to happen to me?" He asks getting nervous. Fuck I can't say it. I can't do it.

"I-I can't." I stutter. "I'm so scared Justin." Tears threaten to release from my eyes and roll down my cheeks. But I don't want to cry in front of him. It'll make everything worse.

"Please tell me Raegan." He says quickly. "Just spit it out!"

"She said she's calling the police tomorrow. She said they'll take you to a home and you'll get put up for adoption." I say and his eyes widen the widest I've ever seen them. He rips my arm away from his waist.

"No no, Raegan they will find me." He says starting to panic.

"Baby-"

"It doesn't matter where I am. They are going to find me no matter what. I can't leave. I can't go anywhere. I'm not safe anywhere else. I can't." He rants quickly.

"I'll keep you safe Justin. I just need to think."

"No you can't this time."

He starts breathing heavy as he jumps off my bed. He runs to my bedroom door and I follow freaking out. He manages to open the door but from behind him, I slam it back shut and take Justin away from it. I grab his arm and hip pulling him away.

"Stop let go of me!" He yells.

"Justin please calm down. Please you promised." I say. He tries his best to get out of my grip but fails as he breaks down crying.

"I can't stay here, I'm not letting the police find me. Raegan you need to let me leave." He cries, embracing me tight as we slowly fall to the ground.

"I'm not letting you leave." I say. He cries into my shoulder and hold my body close to his. "I got you."

"I'm scared." He whispers.

"Me too." I admit, tears forming in my eyes. What do I do?

"Please just stop crying, I hate it when you are upset." I say to him. He loosens his grip on my body and slowly stops crying.

"You can't seriously consider keeping me here when she calls right?" He asks looking up into my eyes.

"I-...I-" before I can finish, my bedroom door opens and my moms eyes meet mine. I stand up, holding Justin's hand so he stands with me. I bring Justin behind my body as he squeezes my hand for dear life.

"Why are you in here?" I ask.

"You told him, didn't you?" She asks.

"Of course I did!" I raise my voice. "And now he's even more scared than before. What is wrong with you?!"

"It's my fault Raegan." She keeps her voice low not wanting to yell.

"Actually it is mom. I understand the risk we are taking because we are keeping him here, but I'm more worried about Justin then about us. It doesn't matter where he is in public, those men from the lab will find him." I say angry.

"I never wanted for him to feel scared or to put him in danger honey, you know that." She says.

"Ya know mom, we might be in danger in some ways. But his whole life is in danger." I say. There is a moment of silence.

"Raegan-"

"Just get out mom. I know you don't care about him and you just want him out of here." I say. I watch as she looks over at Justin who is beside/behind me.

"I never intended to make things worse Justin." She says to him. Then she walks a little closer but I back up as well as Justin.

"Don't get close to him." I say as serious as I'll ever be to her.

I look down at Justin and see him looking at my mom. He shakes his head as tears stream down his face. I look back up at my mom and she sighs, putting her hand over her face.

"I'm sorry boys. There is nothing else I can do." She says. She opens my bedroom door but stops before she walks out.

"You know what your father would do at a time like this?" She asks. I swallow hard.

"Don't you dare bring dad into this." I say.

"He would never approve Raegan. I must take his spot in this."

"You are not and will never be or act like dad." I say, starting to cry without thinking about it. "That's sick to think about mom."

She shuts my door leaving. Justin comes in front of me, putting his hand on my cheek.

"It's okay Raegan." He says quietly. "I'm sorry about your dad."

He wraps his arms around my neck, standing on his toes. I hug around his waist, crying into his shoulder. Justin doesn't even know about my dad, but he knows it's not good by my reaction.

"I love you Justin, I-I'll try my best to protect you." I say mumbled in his shoulder.

"I love you too Raegan." Is all he says. But it's enough.

...Here's an update! Idk what to say 🤷‍♀️❤️ Hope you enjoyed 😂