•Talk•

Raegan's pov:

I show Justin the bathroom in my room. He goes in and shuts the door lightly. I sit on my bed and think.

I can't keep him here forever. How old is he? Where are his parents? Did he run away from home? Does he have a home? Did he move out? I mean he doesn't look old enough.

I take out my phone and go to Kale and I's messages.

Me: I brought him to my house.

Kale: What? Are you crazy?

Me: Kale I wasn't going to leave him out there. He is staying with me until I know more.

Kale: Whatever, good luck.

Me: Thanks

I close my phone and hear my bathroom door open. I look up and see Justin holding his damp clothes and wearing mine. They are big on him.

"Aww they are so big on you." I giggle. He nods looking down at himself.

"Here. I'll take these clothes and dry them." I take his clothes out of his hand and put them on the ground near my laundry basket.

"You can keep those by the way." I say to him. He looks up at me and bunches the extra amount of sleeves in fists.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yea of course." I sit on my bed. "Can we talk for a little?" I ask. He nods and takes a seat on my carpet floor.

"Oh you could- never mind." I join him on the ground just so he's comfortable. He crosses his legs and looks at me, his eyes soft.

"Tell me if you are uncomfortable with any of these questions." I say. He just looks at me.

"How old are you? " I ask

"Fifteen." He says.

"Oh me too." I say. He smiles a little which makes me smile.

"Do you uh- do you have a family?" I ask hesitantly.

"Not anymore." He whispers. I look at him in shock.

"What does that-" I stop talking once I see him getting upset. Tears stream down his face and he hides his face in my hoodie he's wearing.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." I say. He wipes his tears and shrugs.

"It's fine." He whispers.

"Justin?" I reach my hand out and he watches my hand get closer and closer to his. My hand touches the top of his as it rests on his knee. His eyes widen and he yanks his hand away.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry." I say panicking a little. He shakes his head and hides his hands in the sleeves of the hoodie again.

"No I'm sorry." He again whispers. He's still not comfortable around me yet.

"Raegan who are you talking to?" My mom says with a knock at my bedroom door.

"Shit." I mumble softly. "Justin get in my closet." I whisper quickly. He stands up and I now notice he's a little panicked.

"Raegan!?"

"One sec mom I'm talking to Kale." I raise my voice.

He gets in my closet, his eyes teary.

"One minute Justin okay? You'll be fine." I say.

"Raegan." He whispers sounding scared.

"You'll be fine I promise. I'll be back in a minute." I turn on the closet light and shut it. I quickly walk over to my bedroom door and open it.

"What took you so long?" She asks.

"I was on FaceTime with Kale. Sorry." I say rolling my eyes a little.

"It didn't sound like Kale." She says.

"It was. I'm going to bed now. Night." I say.

"Ok don't forget you have school. It's Friday though."  She says. I almost forgot about school.

"Ok." I say and close my door. I lock it again and quickly rush rush to my closet. I open the door and see Justin now sitting on the ground with his head down. I kneel down in front of him. He notices and looks up.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He nods slightly.

"Yeah." He comes out of the closet and stays sitting on my floor.

"You leave tomorrow?" He asks. I sit back down on the floor as well.

"Yeah I have school." I say. "But after school I'll come right back." I nod.

"Okay."

"Oh I'm sorry are you hungry?" I ask. He thinks for a moment then nods.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Anything." He says.

"Ok I'll be right back." I say. He watches me as I walk to the door. I leave my room and go downstairs. I look around for food and finally find a pop tarts. Oh he will like these.

I go back upstairs quietly and open my bedroom door. Justin is still on the ground playing with strings on my hoodie. He sees me come in and stops playing with the strings. I close my door and sit across from him on the ground.

"Have you ever had a pop tart?" He shakes his head.

"They are really good. Try one." I hand him one. He takes it and examines in a little. He finally takes a little bite and smiles.

"Good right?" I giggle. He nods.

"Can I ask you one more thing?" I ask. He nods his head slowly.

"How long were you out there alone?" I ask.

"Few days." He shrugs.

"Really?"

"Yeah. People saw me, but didn't care." He finishes the pop tart and yawns.

"I'm glad I found you." I say.

"You do?"

"Absolutely. I want to help you." I say. "You can stay for as long as you need."

"Raegan." He looks at me.

"I mean it." He smiles and nods quickly.

Awww cute 😊❤️ Vote and comment if you are enjoying The book ❣️