•Truth•

Raegan's pov:

My bathroom door opens and I look up to see Justin walking out in the hoodie and sweatpants. He walks over to my bed and sits next to me.

"How was your shower?" I ask.

"Fine, thanks." He gives me a little smile.

"Sure." I say and our eyes lock. "Um. So about what happened in the woods-"

"Raegan." He cuts me off and grabs my hand gently. He scoots closer to me so our sides are touching.

"I'm ready to tell you. Everything." He says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, because I don't want to keep secrets from you." He shakes his head a little. "But you need to promise me something."

"Anything."

"After I tell you all of the truth, promise you won't see me any different. Promise me you'll still like me." He says. I smile and wrap my arm around his waist.

"I'll always like you. I promise." I say. He looks up at me and quickly kisses my cheek. He lowers his face from mine slowly and I look into his eyes. He fake left hand and brings it up on my jaw right under my cheek.

"Justin?" I bring my face closer to his and he glances down at my lips.

"I'm fine." He whispers and connects our lips. Fireworks go off in my stomach like a night on the forth of July. Like insane sparks. But he pulls away.

"Wait wait." He says looking away from me. "We can't do this until I tell you the truth about me." He adds breathing a little heavy now.

"Fair enough. But was that okay?" I ask. He takes a moment before looking back to me.

"That was more than okay." He smiles. I nod and he moves away from me.

"Here goes." He takes a deep breathe. He's scaring me. I look at him anxious.

"I was in a lab being tested for the past few years." He blurts out.

"Woah woah. Years? Justin that's crazy."

"Let me finish." He says. "What you saw in the woods, i-i-" He seems to lose his words.

"I'm a dangerous person." His eyes fill with tears.

"No no." I move closer to him. "I don't believe that."

"But it's true. My parents were crazy and they sent me there after I got mad at my mom. What I did that man, I did to my mom." His voice breaking a little.

"They both sent me to a lab to figure out what was wrong with me. I've been there, getting tortured and treated like shit for the last four years." He says. I was not expecting that.

"Tortured?" I ask. He nods.

"The men there, they force me to do stuff I don't want to do. They tell me I'm a piece of shit and that I'm insane." He shakes his head. "And I'm starting to believe them."

"Justin no." I put my hand on his knee.

"Cut the crap Raegan." He says.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"My eyes turn black and I can move stuff with my mind. I can hurt people and sometimes I can't control it. There is something wrong with me and they can't figure it out." He seems to get frustrated and pushes my hand off his leg.

"I hate the men there Raegan. I escaped and that's when you found me. They are still out there looking for me." He says, tears falling down his face. Tears form in my eyes seeing him like this. Hearing what he's gone through.

"Justin I never knew."

"I know. But now you do and let me guess. You think I'm a psycho and-"

"No." I cut him off. "I don't see you any different. You are the still the same boy I found in the woods that day. You are you Justin and I don't want to change that." I smile at him. He smiles but also starts crying.

"I'm sorry." He says. "My life is a mess Raegan. What is wrong with me?" He covers his face with his hands and sobs. I move his hand from his face and wrap my arms around his waist. He hugs back wrapping his arms around my neck. He cried into my chest and I just let him. He's been bottling all of his tears up, he needs to let it all out.

He's gone through a lot. A real lot. He's been tortured for being himself. Yes his eyes turn black and he can move things with his mind but that's him. Isn't it? That's how he is.

"I-it feels so good to hug you and to not feel scared around you anymore." He says into my chest.

"You have no idea." I rub his back and he slowly stops crying. We sit there in silence enjoying each other company.

He slowly pulls away from my chest and comes closer to my face. He smiles before kissing me sweetly. Kissing him feels like ruling the world. Like having absolutely no promise what so ever.

We both pull away and I take his hand. I pull him so he's sitting on my lap, straddling me. He rests his arms on my shoulders and plays the my hair on the back of my head.

"Justin I-" Maybe it's too soon. And I want it to be special.

"What?" He asks.

"I really like you, like a lot."

"I really like you too Raegan. Thank you for listening and not seeing me any different. I would never hurt you."

"I know that." I nod.

"I've never liked a boy before. I've never liked anyone before. But you, you've helped me through so much and I feel like I've liked you since the day you brought me into your house." He smiles.

"But you seemed scared of me."

"Well yeah, but your smile and way you talked to me, I couldn't say no." He says softly running his fingers through my hair. My cheeks heat up.

"Let's go to bed, you can sleep with me. I just need to lock my door." I say.

"Ok yeah." I peck his lips before he gets off my lap and back onto my bed. I make sure to get into comfortable clothes and to lock my door before shutting the light off.

We both lay down and now I know he's comfortable with me, I can do this. I move the closest I can to him and wrap my arm around his waist. He grabs my hand and relaxes.

"I'm glad you're back." I say.

"Thank you for looking for me." He says and squeezes my hand tighter.

"No need to thank me, I wanted to." I smile and both of our breathing slows down. I close my eyes, happy I can get some sleep now knowing he's safe with me.

This book, I'm not mad about it...yet 😂 I have some nice ideas for future chapters 🤷‍♀️😊 Hope you all enjoyed!