Chapter 17: Brother Dearest

AN: This is the intro chapter to the brother so that's cool. There's some legal talk in here, and I'm too lazy to look things up so pretend these are legal laws that can happen and are legal. Hope you enjoy!

Written 5.18.18

CHERYL'S POV

We parked at FP's trailer. We both got off her bike and walked to the door and knocked on it.

I was a little scared, because this was the first family member of Toni's that I was meeting. The door opened as I stood looking at a teenager at the door.

He had lighter brown hair and the same chocolate eyes as Toni. He was a bit taller than Toni, but it wasn't by that much. His skin tone was the same as Toni's, a light mocha color. He wore a black Serpent jacket, and was built like a football player. He had bruises and cuts on his face that looked newly acquired. He was young, but looked matured. Like he'd been through hell and back already.

Damaged, like the rest of us.

He smiled at me, revealing perfect pearly white teeth.

"Damn, Toni. You got a hot one." He said, in a mellow voice. She rolled her eyes but chuckled and introduced us.

"Cheryl this is my annoying little brother," she began but was interrupted.

"Last time we measured, I was taller than you. Even when you where your boots on, so you can't call me 'little' anymore," He said, smirking.

"Whatever. This is my brother Micheal." She said, "Micheal this is my girlfriend, Cheryl."

He held out his hand as I allowed mine to be meet with his. He leaned down and pulled my hand to his lips as he kissed it lightly.

"Micheal Atticus Topaz." He said winking at me. "Honored to meet you."

He released my hand and I jabbed Toni with my elbow.

"What wouldn't you be this polite when we first met?" I asked her.

"Don't let this charm fool you," She responded. Grabbing both my hands before pulling me into a swift kiss.

"Well, we better get going. I could cut the sexual tension here with my knife." He said and grabbed a small bag from behind him.

"Thanks for letting me crash at your place, Cheryl." He said.

"No problem. You're practically family." I responded.

"Did I miss the memo and you two are now married or something?" He asked.

Toni scoffed. "Hell no. We've been together for literally two months." She said before kissing me lightly. "Sorry I missed our anniversary."

"No problem. As long as your here now." I said.

"What's this then?" He said grabbing my hand to reveal my ring.

"Just a token of my love and affection." Toni responded.

"Oh, boring." He said.

"When was the last time you were in a relationship?" She clapped back.

"Fair enough." He replied and got on another bike parked behind a tree.

"I thought you were fourteen." I said.

"He is. But he's also living here illegally. He needs an escape plan." Toni said. I got on her bike and grabbed hold of her before we took off.

TONI'S POV

"And you can use this bathroom." Cheryl said, wrapping up Micheals quick tour.