Chapter 30: Sunnyside

AN: Hey. It me. Back at it again. Juice. Everything kind of wraps up. Thanks for reading!!

Written 5.30.18

TONI'S POV

I woke up with a headache. I somehow remembered last night. Everything I had told - wait. I looked next to me and saw Cheryl, not Jughead. Fuck.

"Someone's awake." She muttered.

"Hey." I said not know where to start.

"What do you remember?" She asked.

"I remember punching the mirror." I lied.

"Oh, well. You took some jingle-jangle and got high." She told me.

"I - I did what?" I said trying to play the dumb card.

"Yeah." She said.

"Oh, can we - uh, talk?" I asked her.

"I think we should." She said.

"I should've told you but my birthday is kinda the day my dad left our family." I admitted to her.

"Toni! Why didn't you tell me?" She asked me.

"I don't know. It seemed depressing." I said. She shook her head and dropped the subject.

"You also thought I was Jughead." She said.

"Jeez. What did I tell you?" I asked.

"You told me about your rendezvous with Veronica in the bathroom." She told me.

"Oh, I did?" I said still pretending to be shocked.

"Toni why did you want to get high?" She asked me.

"I - I don't know. I guess I thought you would actually choose Veronica. I was drunk and upset." I confessed.

"Yeah, I know." She said. There was an awkward pause.

"I'm sorry Cheryl." I apologized, "for all of last night. For before last night. For just everything."

"It's okay, Toni." She told me.

"Does that mean..." I said.

"I think we were both upset." She interrupted, "As much as I don't want to..."

"You think we should stay apart." I said.

"Y - yeah. I just want to figure everything out." She told me.

"Are you sure?" I asked, heart broken.

"I - I am." She said finally.

"If it's what you want. I'll respect your wishes." I told her and got up out of bed.

CHERYL'S POV

I don't know why I didn't want to get back together.

"I'll, uh, get Mikey and be out in ten." Toni told me as I felt a heavy pain in my chest. Why was I doing this?

"Oh, okay." I replied. I didn't want her to leave, but I knew she would have to.

She didn't take any of her cloths. I guess it would've been awkward for her to come back in and just pack a bag. Once I heard the front door close I sighed and got one of her sweatshirts and put it on.

"Why was Toni and Micheal leaving?" Betty asked and walked into my room.

"We broke up." I told her.

"Why is all her stuff still here?" She said gesturing to Toni's laptop and camera still in my room.

"I - I don't know." I said asking my head.