Chapter 7: Sweetwater River

AN: This will also include the gang. I'm thinking of doing a Veronica and Sweet Pea ship maybe? Seeing what I could do? I don't know...leave your comments please! Enjoy!

Written 5.4.18

TONI'S POV

We all sat in a booth at Pop's talking. Initially, Cheryl had been half on my lap, but as Betty and Jughead sat next to each other on the other side I pulled her onto my lap so Veronica could sit next to me. After getting milkshakes a certain unattractive redhead and Reggie walked in. I gave him an ice stare, but could see tears coming to Veronica's eyes once again. I suggested that we go somewhere else as Archie tried to approach us.

"Leave or I'll leave you crying again." I threatened.

"Damn, Topaz." Reggie said, "May have to tap that next." He muttered to himself.

"Run away now little adulterous boy." Cheryl said grabbing my hand. "And stop drooling all over my girlfriend." Reggie shook his head and walked away with Archie.

"Let's go to Sweetwater River and watch the sunset." Betty suggested.

"Anywhere but here." Veronica nodded as we left. I watched as Veronica awkwardly got on Jughead's bike, holding onto Betty. We arrived just in time for sunset and all sat on blanket. Betty and Jughead were cuddled up and basically making out when Veronica just told them to leave before they ripped off each other's cloths in front of us. I felt bad for Veronica since Cheryl was basically laying on top of me and she was seriously third wheeling. Neither me nor Cheryl cared, but it was still not a good time for Betty and Jughead to be cuddling up. Veronica eventually called Andre and left, leaving me, Cheryl and a gorgeous night.

"The stars are almost as beautiful as you, Cher." I said trying to smooth talk her. She smirked.

"Oh Toni. What would I do without you?" She asked me.

"Force everyone to give you compliments?" I replied. She smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. As I pulled away so that are lips were an inch apart. I felt her breath on mine as we lay there.

"I love you, Toni." She said. My heart skipped a beat. There she was, my soul mate, telling me she loved me. I took deep breathes as I felt my insides melt.
"You don't have to say it back. I just wanted you to know," she said looking down. I pulled her face back up with my fingers, kissing her.

"I love you too, Cheryl." I said. "I will never stop loving you. Your worth everything. Don't let anyone tell you're not."

"You're the best thing that's happened to me." She told me. I couldn't think to breathe. I couldn't think at all.

"You're the best thing to happen to me, Bombshell. You are going to save me from the pits of hell." I said. She kissed me softly when we heard someone in the woods.

"Well my gay-dar is beeping aggressively tonight." Kevin said emerging from woods.

"What are you even doing here, Kev?" Cheryl asked him.

"Waiting on - an old friend." He concluded. I instantly thought of how FP brought Joaquin back. I raised an eyebrow and whispered to Cheryl,

"We should let them be."  She nodded her head and we got up. She clutched onto me again as I drove us back to Thistlehouse. We lay in her bed, playing with each other's hands.

"I love you." She repeated to me.

"I love you." I replied back. She smiled and swallowed hard. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Someone loves me. Me, Cheryl Blossom. I - I - I don't deserve you." She said. I quickly kissed her.

"Blossom, you deserve the happiness. Hell, you deserve the world. I'll be damned if you don't get it." I reassured her. We stared into each other's eyes. I could stare into her eyes forever, but our game was short lived when Cheryl's phone lit up.

"Veronica's alone and coming over." She told me.

"Ok." I said. Cheryl called Betty.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but V needs us. Be over here at 9 and plan on staying the night." She said.

"Guess our honeymoon is over" I told her.

"Oh, it's not done. I'm just hitting the pause button. We can fast forward whenever. " she said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed just as the doorbell rang.

AN: Shorter chapter but lots of juice. I knew where I wanted the three words eight letters to happen, but I needed some fillers to get them there. I thought Cheryl needed to have some good memories there. Tell me about me using other characters too and what you want to happen.
Thanks for reading!