Chapter thirteen

Lucas and Maya walked upstairs to his room. Maya took her pajamas out from the bag and changed in the bathroom.

Lucas decided to put on a movie for them to watch. He walked downstairs to make some popcorn. Just in that moment James comes in.

"How was the meeting?" Lucas asked, putting the popcorn bag in the microwave. "It was the same thing that we already know. That the vampires might head to Blackwood and they need to be prepared."

"Are you sure it's the best to keep it from her?" James asked, getting a blood bag out the freezer. "Yes I'm positive James." Lucas replied.

"Okay well goodnight baby brother." He walked upstairs to his room. Lucas poured the popcorn in a bowl. He grabbed a can of soda for Maya and a blood bag for himself and made his way upstairs.

Maya was in the bed waiting for him. She pecked his cheek. "Thank you babe." She took the popcorn and the soda. "No problem."

When Maya had giggled at the funny parts he couldn't help but smile fondly at her.

After the movie was over, they decided to play twenty questions to know a bit more about each other. Maya was cuddled against him playing with his fingers.

"What was your life like before you became a vampire?" Maya inquired. "Well I didn't really have one. I was put foster home to foster home. Got kicked out at 18, got a job, died and that was it."

"I'm sorry about that." Maya said. "It's okay it was a long time ago. I'm over it already." He told her.

"I can't believe they would do that to you. You were all alone." Tears streamed down Maya's face. "Baby don't cry. I have James, Cole, Vanessa and you now. You guys are all I need." He wiped her tears away with his thumbs.

Maya's blue eyes swirled with warmth and love. "I love you Lucas." She confessed to him never taking her eyes off of him.

Lucas smiled and caressed her cheek. "I love you too." He leaned over and kissed her lips. They pecked a few more times after that.

Maya got on top of him and Lucas snaked his arms around her. He kissed her forehead hearing her soft snores.

She loves me. Lucas thought with a content smile. He fell asleep happy to have her in his arms.

Lucas fluttered his eyes open. He looked down to the small body in his arms and was reminded of what happened yesterday.

She fluttered her eyes opened and yawned. Her blue eyes met his green ones and she smiled beautifully.

"Hey beautiful," He greeted. "Hey Lucas." She rolled off of him and cuddled his side. Lucas threw his arm around her waist and caressed it in soft circles.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Maya heard his chest rumble as he talked. "It doesn't matter to me." Maya muttered in his chest.

"Let's head downstairs." Lucas stated. Lucas took out the ingredients for French toast. Maya climbed on the bar stool. She swung her legs back and forth watching as his back rippled with his movements.

Cole, Vanessa, and James came downstairs also. Lucas made breakfast for all of them. They had a conversation and they included Maya in it so she wouldn't feel left out which was another reason why she liked his family so much.

Maya went to the bathroom to change. She changed into a red college sweater and gray sweats. She tied up her hair in a ponytail and walked out of the bathroom.

Maya slipped her hand in Lucas's and they walked downstairs. She waved goodbye and they left the house.

Lucas parked on the curb. She pecked his lips. "I love you." He smiled and said, "I love you too M." She climbed out the car. She waved shutting the door closed. He waited until she was safely in the house before driving away.