Chapter Thirty one

"Wake up sunshine." Charlie stroked his hair with his fingers. Lucas slowly fluttered his eyes open.

He felt that his body was weak. He looked down. Large cuts marked his wrists, blood seeped down the wounds.

"I had to weaken you so you wouldn't run from me again. Hope you understand that." Charlie explained.

"Let me out of here. Haven't you done enough?" He hissed. "Please you don't need that pathetic human anyways. What you need is me." Charlie spoke boldly.

"I don't need you! You mean nothing to me!" Lucas spat out. Charlie punched him in the face making blood drip down his nose.

"You don't mean that. You know you love me deep down." Charlie smirked. "You don't hurt the people you love Charlie." Lucas wiped the blood from his nose.

"That was only because you disrespected me. I'll make you love me again sooner or later." Charlie stood up from the bed.

"I'll check up on you later." He winked closing the door. Lucas kept on getting reminded of Maya getting killed in front of him. He wanted to shut it all off but he didn't want to go down that dark path of not feeling again.

She would want him to be strong and fight and that's what he's going to do.

Maya woke up. Her eyes were bloodshot red and her hair was a mess. She washed her face and brushed her teeth.

She brushed her hair and put it in a high ponytail. She didn't want to cry anymore. She didn't want to be weak. She needed to be strong for Lucas. She had a new bout of self confidence in herself.

She was going to do everything she could to get Lucas back. She wore a black crop top with black leggings and Nike shoes.

Maya greeted the table sitting down to eat her breakfast. "So what's the game plan?" Maya asked. "Cole, Alex, and I are going to be searching the house." James answered.

"I'm gonna teach you everything I know. It's gonna be hard at first but you're gonna get through it." Vanessa gave her a comforting smile.

After they finished breakfast, the girls left the house. They walked inside of a school track. No one was there since it was Saturday and it was morning.

"I'll race you three times around the track." Vanessa smirked. "You're so on." Maya laughed. "One two three go." They vamp sped around the track.

Vanessa already ran the track three times in seconds. "That's because you've been around longer." Maya pouted. "Sounds like someone's being a sore loser." Vanessa teased.

"Whatever." Maya mumbled as they walked off the track. They decide to vamp speed up a cliff. They looked down.

"You expect me to jump all the way down there?" Maya asked in disbelief. "It's not as scary as you think it is. Just push with all you can. You'll land safely at the bottom." Vanessa assured.

"Don't wait up." Vanessa said. Before Maya could blink Vanessa jumped off the cliff. Maya looked in shock. Vanessa crouched her legs and landed safely down.

Vanessa looked up with a smirk. "There's nothing to be worried about. Don't think about it just do it." Vanessa yelled in encouragement.

Maya took a deep breath. She counted to three before jumping off the 20 feet cliff. She landed perfectly on her feet.

She felt adrenaline course through her veins. "I told you nothing to be worried about." Vanessa held out her hand for a high five. Maya slapped it eagerly.

"Help!" A guy screamed in pain. Maya smelt blood in the air. She didn't think she just acted. Her blue eyes turned red and her fangs elongated as she vamp sped.

"Maya!" Vanessa yelled running after her. Before Maya took a bite of the guys neck Vanessa held her arms back. "Maya he's hurt and he needs help. You may want to feed on him now but then you'll kill him and the guilt will take over you." Vanessa said.

Maya listened to her friend, her face going back to normal. "You're going to feed him your blood. Bite into your wrist." Vanessa told her.

Maya bit into her wrist. The guy tried to wriggle away but Vanessa held him still. He couldn't do much with a broken leg anyway.

"Put it up to his mouth. Look into his eyes and tell him everything's gonna be okay. Believe what you're saying. Block out the blood." Vanessa instructed her.

Maya took a deep breath. She held the wrist up to his mouth. The guy tried to take her wrist out of her mouth but Maya looked in his eyes.

Her pupils dilated until they were a thin rim of blue. "Stay calm. Everything will be fine." Maya compelled him.

She pulled her wrist away from him. He was now calm. "I'm okay I'm gonna be fine." He repeated after her.

"Maya look at his leg." Vanessa pointed out. Maya looked at his leg in amazement. The leg was healed up as if nothing ever happened.

Maya smiled up at Vanessa. "I did it."
"Yes you did." Vanessa returned the smile. "Now compel him to forget and send him on his way." Vanessa spoke.

"You will forget everything and you will go home." Maya compelled him again. The guy calmly stood up and walked away.

"Not bad for a newbie vamp." Vanessa playfully shoved her. Maya playfully shoved her back and they walked back home.