Chapter nineteen

Lucas now felt hopeless that no one was going to save him. He was just gonna be tortured here forever or until they take him out of his misery. The only thing that was keeping him from not completely going crazy was the dreams he had with Maya.

Where he could dream of holding her, kissing her, and being with her. Lucas's stomach growled painfully in hunger for blood.

Lucas's body was now bony and weak. He had ribs jutting out of his skin. His body was dirty since he hadn't taken a shower since he got here.

He had no idea how long he's been in here. He wondered if they were looking for him or they really believed that he left town without a trace.

Some small part of him hopes he does but a large part of him knows that was just wishful thinking.

As usual the workers threw a vile of blood at him like a caged animal. He didn't care about the sneers or laughs. He just cared about going through the next day.

He drunk the blood and his hunger temporarily stopped. He knows it will be growling soon in an hour or two.

The cell door opened again. Lucas felt his arms get lifted up. He looks down at the ground as they dragged him to his next awaited torture.

He's sat down on a chair. They strap him in and leave the room. Shawn comes in with bottles of blood.

Lucas feels his eyes turned red and his fangs elongate at the sight. Shawn chuckled. "You bloodsuckers and your taste for blood disgust me. It'll probably disgust you too since I added an ingredient."

Shawn calls one of his workers to come in. The worker held his mouth open so he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Shawn opened the first bottle. He poured the vervain laced blood down his throat. Lucas felt his insides burn and melt.

His body protests and his throat upchucks the blood. The blood rolled down his chin and down his chest.

Shawn opens another bottle. Lucas once again empties his stomach of the one thing he desires the most.

Shawn poured in twenty bottles before stopping for the day. Lucas is thrown in the cell again. He felt an intense pain in his left arm that made him groan in pain.

He looks down and his arm is bent in an awkward angle. He grabs his left arm and painfully puts it back the right way.

He closed his eyes and falls into another dream once again. This was more of a memory. It was the night of their date.

Lucas and Maya walked down the sidewalk. Lucas was a little bit buzzed since vampires can't get drunk and Maya was tipsy from the wine they drank at the restaurant.

Lucas had to compel the waiter to give them the wine since Maya looked underage even though she wasn't.

They passed by a free dancing class. "Lucas let's go inside." Maya said. "I don't dance." Lucas stated.

"Please?" Maya begged. "Fine you're lucky you're so adorable." Lucas remarked as Maya led him inside.

The instructor kept on yelling at them because Maya kept on laughing when she stepped on Lucas's shoes.

They were kicked out for not being "serious" enough. "That was so much fun." Maya said as they stood on her porch.

"I had a great time too." Lucas remarked. Lucas pulled her in by the waist and kissed her. Then the kiss became passionate and intense and one thing led to another.