Chapter Three

Maya was driving her car through the trail behind the woods. She always took this path since it was a shortcut to the school.

There was also no traffic here so it was quiet and peaceful. Well it was peaceful until three fast moving shapes ran in front of her car.

She stepped on the break pedal. Her heart was beating loudly in her chest. "What the hell was that?" Maya asked.

She really couldn't identify what they were. They were probably wolves or something. She thought. It wasn't uncommon to see wolves in the woods.

She drove to the school without any more weird instances and parked her car. She took her key out of the ignition and climbed out.

She shut her car door and walked to the school. She met up with her best friends Riley, Farkle, and Josh.

Riley had olive skin, brown doe eyes and brunette hair. Farkle had brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. Josh also had olive skin, blue eyes, and brown hair.

They have been best friends ever since third grade. Josh had a major crush on her but she had gently let him down. She only liked him as a friend and nothing more.

It was awkward between them for awhile. Josh had started to act differently and spent a lot of time with his cousins.

But then josh had broke the tension by giving her a necklace at her 16th birthday party last year. He said that he was busy for awhile and that he needed some time for himself. He apologized and wanted to be friends again.

Maya had accepted the apology and was glad that they made up. "Hey guys." Maya greeted.

"Hey Peaches. I missed you so much." Riley enveloped her in a warm hug. "Honey we just saw each other yesterday."

"I know but that's too long." Riley dramatically said making Maya laugh.

They separated from each other. Maya hugged Farkle and Josh too.
"Did you see the new kids? The green eyed one is cute." One freshman girl said to her best friend.

"What are they talking about?" Maya asked. "I think she's talking about them." Riley pointed down the hallway.

Maya turned around and she saw three people walking down the hallway. One had pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. Next to him was a girl who looked similar to him. They were probably twins. She also had blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin.

The last one had dark blonde hair, emerald green eyes and pale skin also. He had a greek-like structured face and a strong jawline. He was strongly built and a bit taller than the other two.

He was incredibly handsome. Her heart had stuttered slightly when he looked her way.

Their eyes met and locked in a trance.

Besides her, Josh had shifted uncomfortably. He can tell they were vampires by the dead smell they usually had around them.

He looked at the girl beside him. Despite saying that he wanted to be friends he still liked her. Who couldn't? She had beautiful blue eyes and golden blonde hair. She was also funny and cared strongly about others.

When he saw the interaction between the two he felt jealous. "We should go to class." Josh yanked on Maya's arm and dragged her down the hallway and away from them.

He looked back and glared at them. His yellow eyes flashed them before turning back to blue. The trio glared back at him in return. He didn't notice that he was tightly gripping Maya's wrist.

"Josh you're hurting me!" Maya exclaimed. "What? I'm so sorry Maya." He released her arm. Maya held her wrist to her chest.

"Why did you do that?" Maya requested. "I'm sorry. I guess I didn't know my own strength." Josh silently cursed himself for letting his anger take over him.

"It's okay. I guess." She said with a weak smile.

"Hey why did you pull Maya all the way over here?" Riley asked with Farkle beside her. "I was trying to get to class." Josh said.

"Are you okay Maya?" Farkle questioned when he saw her holding her wrist. "Yeah he just pulled a little too hard but it's fine." She put her sleeve over her bruise.

The bell rang. The friends walked to their first period class.

A/N : Can you guys guess what josh is? Let me know in the comments. Fav and Review!