Chapter Four

* This was when Lucas, Vanessa, and Cole entered the school *

"Can you give us our classes. Preferably the same ones please." Lucas's eyes had dilated into a thin rim of green as he compelled the office lady.

"Here you go." The lady blankly gave them their schedules. "Thank you. Forget this ever happened." Lucas said.

He gave Vanessa and Cole their schedules. They had most of the same classes except two which were gym and history.

Lucas, Vanessa, and Cole walked down the hallway. People were whispering about them but they heard every word that they said. One of the many perks of vampirism.

He turned his head and met a pair of beautiful ocean blue eyes. She was beautiful. She had pale skin, golden blonde hair that framed her heart shaped face. She also had a button nose and soft pink lips.

She was also short. Probably five feet tall. Their eyes connected and Lucas felt his slow heart race slightly.

He was then hit with a pungent smell. It smelt like dog. He grimaced. "You guys smell that?" Cole asked.

Vanessa and Lucas nodded their heads. He turned to the direction of the smell and met a pair of blue eyes. It was the boy.

"We should go to class." He heard the wolf boy said and dragged her down the hallway.

Wait were they together? Lucas pondered. He was slightly disheartened but he didn't know why.

Josh has glared at them flashing them his yellow eyes. Lucas and his siblings glared back with their red eyes.

"Josh you're hurting me!" She heard the small girl yell. Lucas felt his anger rise up. He wanted to slam that prick against the wall for hurting her.

He stayed in his place trying to make sure he wouldn't do anything else.

"It's okay. I guess." She responded. That was sure as hell not okay. The rest of her friends came up to her asking her what happened.

"Come on let's go." Vanessa said. Lucas nodded his head. Lucas glanced back at her one more time before following his siblings.

Lucas was walking to his fifth period when he bumped into a small figure. His fast reflexes caught her before she hit the floor.

"I'm sorry-," they both said simultaneously. It was the girl he saw from this morning.

Was it even possible to be beautiful up close? He took a moment to admire her features.

Her blue eyes had flecks of green in them. He noticed the small freckles sprinkled on her nose and cheeks. He heard her steady heartbeat and felt her warm blood under his cold fingertips.

His eyes flickered to her lips before looking at her eyes again. "Are you okay?" Lucas inquired.

Maya was walking out of the bathroom when she bumped into a tall figure. She closed her eyes shut thinking she was about to meet the floor but two large hands had grabbed her waist.

She looked up and she was met with a striking pair of sea foam green eyes. Her breath had hitched. Her small hands had grasped the lapels of his leather jacket.

He had prominent cheekbones and lips that looked soft to the touch.

"Are you okay?" The guy asked her. His voice was low and deep and it sent chills through her spine.

"I'm okay. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Maya replied with a chuckle.

They both noticed they were still holding on to each other. They both said sorry and moved away from each other. Maya's cheeks had blossomed red.

"I'm Lucas." He held out his hand. "I'm Maya." She took it.

"So what class were you going to?" Maya questioned. "I was going to Mr. Brooks class."

Maya giggled making Lucas lift the corners of his lips with a grin. "What's so funny?" He requested.

"Mr. Brooks classroom  is the complete opposite way." Maya said. "I guess I don't know this school as much as I thought. I feel like an idiot now." He mentally facepalmed.

"Do you want me to take you?" Maya requested. "Yeah that would help. Thank you." He said gratefully. "You're welcome." Maya smiled.

They walked side by side down the hallway.