Chapter Twenty One

James sat on the couch thinking of Lucas. He just felt that the situation was weird. If Lucas left town why didn't he take his car with him? Or clothes for that matter?

He also knew that Lucas would never hurt her. He loved Maya and would do absolutely anything for her. He would even kill himself for her.

James expressed those thoughts to Cole and Vanessa when they got home. "You're right James. He would do anything for her." Vanessa agreed.

"I'm gonna call Maya over she needs to hear this." Vanessa takes out her phone and calls her.

A few minutes later, the door opens and Maya walks in. "What's the problem with Lucas?"

"Can you tell us what happened on the night Lucas came over to your house to meet with your parents?" James asked.

"My Dad was extremely angry at Lucas and he hated him the moment he stepped in. But that's because he's extremely overprotective of me."

Three of the siblings glanced at each other. "Maya we have something to tell you." Vanessa declared.

"What is it?" Maya asked. "Your Dad is the leader of not any council but a council for vampires." Vanessa answered.

"What! Why didn't you tell me?" Maya exclaimed in shock and disbelief.

"Lucas didn't want you to think poorly of your father. He told us not to tell you." Cole answered.

Maya plopped down on the couch. The revelation taking a lot to process in her head. My dad hunts and kills vampires.

"Do you think Shawn had something to do with this?" Vanessa asked. Those words snapping Maya out of her thoughts.

"No! My dad wouldn't do this to me. H- he wouldn't have." Maya said unsurely.

"Do you think there's a slight possibility that he could've Maya. He hates vampires. He wouldn't have let Lucas live." James said.

All the people in the room didn't want to think of the possibility that Lucas was dead.

"Wait a minute. This doesn't add up. Who sent the text to Maya then?" Cole said.

"Unless he didn't send that text at all and someone else did that for him to make it seem like he did." Maya said coming to a realization.

"They wanted us to think he left town when he really didn't so we wouldn't look for him." Cole remarked.

"Maya what happened the next day after your break up?" James questioned.

"My parents came home from a business trip but I was too sad to ask about it."

"Does your father ever tell you where he goes on these business trips?" Vanessa asked.

"No he doesn't. He just leaves for long periods of time or stays late at his work."

"Maya I think we need to see where he goes to work at." James said.

"How?" Maya asked. "When does your father usually leave for work?" Vanessa said getting the gist of what James was saying.

"At about 7:00 am." Maya answered.

"Maya we have a slight suspicion that your dad has Lucas." James stated.

"We're sorry for accusing your father of this but he's the only suspect we have right now." Vanessa said.

"As much as I hate to deny it. It can be true." Maya sighed.

They made an elaborate plan to get Lucas safely out of there if he was there. Maya was driving her car home thinking about how much her father lied to her.

He lied to her about the council and about the business trips he always said he went on. Her boyfriend can be tortured or worse because of her father. The possibility that it was true made Maya's stomach curl.

Her parents were luckily asleep. Maya was glad. She couldn't have handled seeing her father and pretend nothing was wrong at all.

She only had one thought in her mind. Don't worry baby we're coming for you.

A/N: hey guys sorry this took so long. I will try to update my other stories as soon as I can. ❤️